Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monta Ellis Appears To Be Available. Would ya?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monta Ellis Appears To Be Available. Would ya?

Would you take a chance with Monta or do you think that would stunt DeRozan's growth moving forward? Or, would Ellis not be a good fit for the Raptors period.

Although the dysfunction level of the Golden State Warriors no doubt declined with Monday's trade of disgruntled veteran Stephen Jackson, sources close to the team say it certainly did not disappear.

Leading scorer Monta Ellis now replaces Jackson as the most irritated Warrior, and according to league sources, Ellis' agent, Jeff Fried, will meet with Golden State management Thursday to discuss his future (or lack thereof) with the club.

Fried could not be reached for comment, and it's not clear whether he will ask the Warriors to trade his client. But sources said Ellis has been telling teammates on a regular basis that he wants out of Golden State, and he believes general manager Larry Riley has spoken to several teams about potential trades involving him.
    Source - Click here

It's no secret that I like this guy, a bit undersized for a SG which can be a problem but I'll have him on my team any day. Given the style the Raptors are playing he's a great fit. GSW's asking price will be Bosh which doesn't fly with me, take anyone else all you please. Give them Jose if need be but take back one of their PGs.

Comment

Nope ... Monta has only had one good season and he's been incapable of repeating that form since then. And that came with him playing as a two guard which is a difficult lineup problem to make work. Monta Ellis has a lot to prove.

In most situations I'd much rather have Jose Calderon including the Raptors present situation.

Oh, oh, and, the Warriors should definitely dump Monta Ellis. He's the biggest individual problem on that roster.
      Last edited by Dave; Tue Nov 17, 2009, 06:36 PM.
      nbaroundtable

Comment

According to ESPN's trade machine, Ellis for Calderon/Wright works and doesn't effect our win total. I'd make this trade - Ellis can score and from what I hear is pretty good in transition.

If we need to get somebody at the point back, Ellis/Claxton for Banks/Wright/Calderon works too (though it's a huge stretch to imagine somebody would take on Banks' deal)

Comment

I'd pick up Monta in a heartbeat but Jack has to be going the other way!

No Way for Jose!
          The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Working...
          X