No announcement yet.

Bebe's gonna be good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know what's amusing, DraftExpress lists his worst case scenario as Hassan Whiteside (upside as Marcus Camby). Which actually fits really well with what I see from him, primarily that he's one of these guys who, if he does make it, is just going to take a lot of playing time to figure it out. And I'm not sure if Toronto is willing to invest the time. I'd happily see him getting five minutes a game (at the expense of Hansbrough and Hayes), even if it means a couple more losses for Toronto over the course of the season. I'm kinda perplexed by the decision to call him back up; why not let him just dominate the d-league for a few weeks? I have a hard time believing that he's being called up because Casey is actually going to start playing him.

Unless Ujiri and Casey had a bet going: "You need to get Bebe into some games." "You want him to get playing time, send him to the d-league." "Nah, he's already too good for the d-league." "Whatever, when he can score a double-double in the d-league, I'll play him." "Deal. Sucker."

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
      I have not seen anything that would make me disagree with you. Plus that hair !!! Makes me wonder about his personality, work ethics and level of maturity. Not sure he has what it takes to be in NBA.
      LOL. He's trying to become a member of the Big Hair Club for Big Men (i.e. Robin Lopez, Joakim Noah, Anderson Varejao,... )

Comment

• today against energy
        8 points
        3-6 FG
        13 rebounds
        1 assist
        2 steals
        2 blocks

in 29 something minutes
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Is Bebe getting recalled or that was just a rumor?

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            today against energy
            8 points
            3-6 FG
            13 rebounds
            1 assist
            2 steals
            2 blocks

in 29 something minutes
            Think we could use him and JV in a "twin tower" type approach?

Comment

• jerome wrote: View Post
              Is Bebe getting recalled or that was just a rumor?

they recalled him for indiana game and then reassigned him back to fort wayne

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                Think we could use him and JV in a "twin tower" type approach?
                Maybe. Hard to tell yet. This is just D-league. But boy that kid runs FAST

Comment

• vs Energy. Bebe had a interesting match up against Jarnell Stokes. Stokes tried to post him up a couple of times but Bebe didn't let him bully him.
                  Got called for illegal defense 2 times I think he's still adjusting to 3sec rule
                  Last edited by MixxAOR; Tue Mar 17, 2015, 11:03 PM.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    But boy that kid runs FAST
                    Yeah I was thinking with his mobility, he wouldn't be bad at the 4 (with a decent jumper of course).

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    vs Energy. Bebe had a interesting match up against Jarnell Stokes. Stokes tried to post him up a couple of times but Bebe didn't let him bully him.
                    Great to hear, thought it'd be an issue with his build.

Comment

• The lack of playing time for Bebe really confuses me. Casey loves a small-ball lineup, and Bebe is the ideal candidate. The dude is agile as shit for a 7 footer, and can protect the rim. Obviously the awareness isnt there yet, but you can't really improve that when you're in tailored suit on the sideline, talking about your favourite Coach Carter scenes with brazilian kd.

Comment

• So i just watched the game tape for Bebe's last game and here's what I noticed:

Offense: this guy is a terror on the offensive glass. His long arms just poke the ball away and often times he ends up with it and just pads those reb stats like no tmrw. He sets really wide screens that guards have a hard time fighting over but is often pushed off by stronger/bigger guards (seems like a lack of leg strength, hit that squat rack maybe?) and then rolls to the rim hard every time. Good large target and more than mobile enough for those lob passes (good finisher above the rim). He's got a good smooth form and potential to stretch it out to 15-18ft in my opinion judging by how he shoots his free throws. Speaking of free throws, he's not that bad from there especially when he gets his legs into it. Overall his shot has good back spin and lots of potential to get better.

Defense: this is where it gets really interesting when watching him. On the ball he plays really really solid. Even though hes more frail than you'd like he takes all the shots handed out to him and keeps his tree like arms disturbing any turn around hooks or leaners. On the fades, he's quick enough to jump with both hands up to contest shots if he wanted to. His off ball defense is what kind of baffled me. When his man wasn't trying to post up or set screens he would sag off right into that paint (hence the two 3 sec violations he got called on and atleast 2 more he didnt get caught on). It didn't hurt his team this time around cause Stokes doesn't shot it all that often, but you'd like him to play his man tighter even if the guy isnt automatic from mid range. What he does do very well though is come out of no where for some impressive blocks. This guy is up there swatting the ball right before it gets to its peak and more impressively is that he knows he can do that so he ends up directing the blocks right to his teammates. Plus the opposing guards just know he's coming and they put up some odd looking lay ups very often. As far as rebounding goes he does everything you'd want from him. Shot goes up, he finds a body and goes up strong with both hands to grab it. The rebs that should be his always are and he often snatches a few that shouldn't be.

Next steps: Bebe has thoroughly impressed these last two game (definitely better than I thought he'd be). On the offensive end he needs to work on his touch a bit to finish those bunnies he gets for himself with the OReb. Once he's got that down he can start working outwards to the 15ft jumper. Defensively he just needs to commit to 100%. Hes more than aware enough in terms of where the ball is has good timing on the blocks. I think that if he were to put on 15lbs (no more or else he'd be slowed down) he'd be a quality big that could perfectly compliment JV (JV takes the tough defensive match up down low due to his bear strength, assuming its not super mobile perimeter big or Anthony Davis, nothing stops that guy, and Bebe plays second fiddle to help clog the paint and come from the offside with some big blocks; offensively the two can just terrorize on the glass and roll hard with Bebe eventually providing that mid range shot to give JV his space for that running hook). I like the way he looks and hope Casey gives the kid some min before play offs. Who knows, he might just be really good for us and get into our playoff line up (kind of a prayer but I can dream cant I?)

Comment

• j_val_for_mayor wrote: View Post
                          So i just watched the game tape for Bebe's last game and here's what I noticed:

Offense: this guy is a terror on the offensive glass. His long arms just poke the ball away and often times he ends up with it and just pads those reb stats like no tmrw. He sets really wide screens that guards have a hard time fighting over but is often pushed off by stronger/bigger guards (seems like a lack of leg strength, hit that squat rack maybe?) and then rolls to the rim hard every time. Good large target and more than mobile enough for those lob passes (good finisher above the rim). He's got a good smooth form and potential to stretch it out to 15-18ft in my opinion judging by how he shoots his free throws. Speaking of free throws, he's not that bad from there especially when he gets his legs into it. Overall his shot has good back spin and lots of potential to get better.

Defense: this is where it gets really interesting when watching him. On the ball he plays really really solid. Even though hes more frail than you'd like he takes all the shots handed out to him and keeps his tree like arms disturbing any turn around hooks or leaners. On the fades, he's quick enough to jump with both hands up to contest shots if he wanted to. His off ball defense is what kind of baffled me. When his man wasn't trying to post up or set screens he would sag off right into that paint (hence the two 3 sec violations he got called on and atleast 2 more he didnt get caught on). It didn't hurt his team this time around cause Stokes doesn't shot it all that often, but you'd like him to play his man tighter even if the guy isnt automatic from mid range. What he does do very well though is come out of no where for some impressive blocks. This guy is up there swatting the ball right before it gets to its peak and more impressively is that he knows he can do that so he ends up directing the blocks right to his teammates. Plus the opposing guards just know he's coming and they put up some odd looking lay ups very often. As far as rebounding goes he does everything you'd want from him. Shot goes up, he finds a body and goes up strong with both hands to grab it. The rebs that should be his always are and he often snatches a few that shouldn't be.

Next steps: Bebe has thoroughly impressed these last two game (definitely better than I thought he'd be). On the offensive end he needs to work on his touch a bit to finish those bunnies he gets for himself with the OReb. Once he's got that down he can start working outwards to the 15ft jumper. Defensively he just needs to commit to 100%. Hes more than aware enough in terms of where the ball is has good timing on the blocks. I think that if he were to put on 15lbs (no more or else he'd be slowed down) he'd be a quality big that could perfectly compliment JV (JV takes the tough defensive match up down low due to his bear strength, assuming its not super mobile perimeter big or Anthony Davis, nothing stops that guy, and Bebe plays second fiddle to help clog the paint and come from the offside with some big blocks; offensively the two can just terrorize on the glass and roll hard with Bebe eventually providing that mid range shot to give JV his space for that running hook). I like the way he looks and hope Casey gives the kid some min before play offs. Who knows, he might just be really good for us and get into our playoff line up (kind of a prayer but I can dream cant I?)
                          Excellent post. Before the season started I thought Bebe would be our backup center and get 10-15 minutes per game. It's ridiculous that Casey doesn't even attempt to work him in. Once again, I think the problem is he's too tall.

"What are you, 7'? Come back when you're 6'8" and I'll give you some minutes." - DC

Comment

• Another overreaction thread smh. Two words - Development League.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Btw, this also shows how bad(or raw? ) Bruno is. I mean, Bebe, a guy that is NOWHERE near ready to play in the NBA is dominating D-League. While the other guy Bruno is not even good enough to play in the D-League. And some posters here wants to see both those guys gets rotation mins for the Raps earlier in the season specially when DeRozan went down. Y'all really wants to see Casey gets fired that bad huh?
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                Btw, this also shows how bad(or raw? ) Bruno is. I mean, Bebe, a guy that is NOWHERE near ready to play in the NBA is dominating D-League. While the other guy Bruno is not even good enough to play in the D-League. And some posters here wants to see both those guys gets rotation mins for the Raps earlier in the season specially when DeRozan went down. Y'all really wants to see Casey gets fired that bad huh?
                                Yes its only the d league but stuff like how long his arms are, how high he jumps and running do translate. I completely agree with you in your Bruno point about him being raw but minutes would help him grow. I do think that Bebe deserves to show his with at the NBA level because you never know until you put him out there (he's earned himself that). And yes, I would parade down front street of he'd be fired!

Comment

Working...
                                X