Clear All

• Hire him now

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      My new top 3 candidates:

Messina
      Jasikejfuekeyus
      Hammon
      I think I might have the same top 3 as you at this point.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
        I think I might have the same top 3 as you at this point.
        I think I'm at:
        Jasikevicius
        Messina
        Nurse
        Udoka
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• If Nurse is really Masai's top choice so far "as per JLew" then why hasn't he hired him yet. To be honest if he is this unsure about it, I hope he doesn't hire him. I know it's his job to do his due diligence but I feel like he's holding out for something better at the same time.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
            If Nurse is really Masai's top choice so far "as per JLew" then why hasn't he hired him yet. To be honest if he is this unsure about it, I hope he doesn't hire him. I know it's his job to do his due diligence but I feel like he's holding out for something better at the same time.
            Nurse is believed to be the front runner by league sources, didn't say he was his top choice. That tweet also says we expect to make a decision before the end of the month, so I guess this coaching search is going to drag on for another 20+ days.

Comment

• Grange is saying within a week

Comment

Grange is saying within a week
                oh hopefully. Tired of waiting
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Grange is saying within a week
                  By his tweet, they'll narrow it down to three within a week. Didn't say if they would announce a final choice.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Jun 5, 2018, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post

Woah. That came out of nowhere. He could be great, or he could be the Bruno of coaches. His game didn't translate to the NBA, but I always liked Saras' competitive fire when he played FIBA. Dude had a swagger that bordered on cocky.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      Woah. That came out of nowhere. He could be great, or he could be the Bruno of coaches. His game didn't translate to the NBA, but I always liked Saras' competitive fire when he played FIBA. Dude had a swagger that bordered on cocky.
                      Can we not use Bruno in this example. He was nobody in Brasil. He came to Toronto and stayed a nobody.

Sarunas at the very least accomplished coach and player.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• If it turns out to be Sarunas Jasikeviscius... I wonder whether JV gets stapled to the bench as he did last time he played for his country (or was it the time before?) or whether his usage triples and he becomes the unanimous NBA MVP.

And dooooooooon't effin tell me it'll fall somewhere in between.

Comment

• I am surprised Stackhouse is no longer in the mix... he must be disappointed especially after the 2 905 seasons he had.

Jasikevicius seems to have some unique pluses... freshness/approach, seems dynamic, young ... qualities that would have been ascribed to Brad Stevens. He's played in the league and could also have insights to some untapped Euro talent and of course the Lithuanian connection with JV. Clean slate.

If Masai decides on making big changes ...the trades out of the older guys on the team to go young/inexperienced but talented hopefully then a young coach like Jas might be more desirable and not disappointing to the more experienced interviewees like Messina.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                            If it turns out to be Sarunas Jasikeviscius... I wonder whether JV gets stapled to the bench as he did last time he played for his country (or was it the time before?) or whether his usage triples and he becomes the unanimous NBA MVP.

And dooooooooon't effin tell me it'll fall somewhere in between.

That gif looks familiar

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                              I am surprised Stackhouse is no longer in the mix... he must be disappointed especially after the 2 905 seasons he had.

Jasikevicius seems to have some unique pluses... freshness/approach, seems dynamic, young ... qualities that would have been ascribed to Brad Stevens. He's played in the league and could also have insights to some untapped Euro talent and of course the Lithuanian connection with JV. Clean slate.

If Masai decides on making big changes ...the trades out of the older guys on the team to go young/inexperienced but talented hopefully then a young coach like Jas might be more desirable and not disappointing to the more experienced interviewees like Messina.
                              I'm not as high on the idea of Stackhouse as some. He's done a great job with the 905, no doubt.

My impression though, is that he's been instilling the system from the big club, which is why our young guys have been so ready when they come up, as well as because they're talented, fit well and possess high character. Not because of some crazy magic Stack worked on all of them to make them entirely who they've become. He got them to play within a system and for that I'm grateful. If anything though, he seems like a similar mindset to Casey and even more concerning, during his playing career, embodied the worst qualities of iso-Demar of yesteryear. He was one of the most inefficient, non-winning, volume scorers in the game. Didn't play D. (That was my impression back when he was playing anyway, perhaps I'm not entirely right about that.) I still give him lots of credit for his success with the 905 and look forward to his continued growth and seeing where his new career takes him. But I'm really not interested in giving him the keys to the car. Not yet anyway.

I mean, Jason Kidd was a great basketball mind on the court, Jerry wasn't, imo. And I wouldn't want Jason Kidd.

I'm really, really happy with the guys that Grange is putting forward here and think we appear to be in great shape with how things are looking.

Comment

• I'm all in on Sarunas. The only guy mentioned yet that excites me.

Comment

Working...
                                X