Potential Coaching Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saints91 wrote: View Post
    I think they were waiting to interview someone from the Warriors.

How much longer does LKL play?
    Teams that are still playing usually allow interviews for assistants and often times a coach and their team know before their final game.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
      I think they were waiting to interview someone from the Warriors.

How much longer does LKL play?
      LKL finals starts today. Since Zalgiris are very heavy favorites they'll most likely win by 4:0 or 4:1. Fourth game will be played on June 16th, 5th game(if needed) on 18th.

Axel wrote: View Post
      Teams that are still playing usually allow interviews for assistants and often times a coach and their team know before their final game.
      Yes, it's true. But still for official announcement you have to wait until the coach is officially free.
      Last edited by subfor; Sat Jun 9, 2018, 07:53 AM.

Comment

• Nice, detailed article on Sarunas as a coach....

Personally, I always liked his demeanor as a player: Fearless, smart and a little bit cocky. I’d be more than willing to take the chance that those qualities translate as a coach. Sounds like they already are.

https://fansided.com/2018/06/08/saru...rs-head-coach/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• He’s a wild card, you don’t really know what you’re going to get but he’s my number 1 choice. I think if Masai plucks a guy out nowhere you have to trust that he’s found something good. Besides Bruno he’s done quite well.

Comment

• I don't think we see the final choice (assuming they accept) coming down for a few weeks still. I really think the Raptors need to introduce new blood, a fresh voice and innovative thinker. This is not an easy club to take over and we don't even know what the roster will look like for the coming season. Will we still have Lowry, DeMar Ibaka and JV? Who knows ....

Right now, my choices would be Messina, Jasileviciu, Udoka, Nurse/Stack and Hammon. It's gonna be interesting rehardless.

Comment

• At the end of the day talent trumps anything a coach can do. Heck Lue was in the finals two years in a row. You could put Vinny Del Negro in as coach in GSW and they would still win it.

Obviously its intriguing who the Raps select.. but at the end of the day a roster change will be needed. Hopefully we'll see some significant changes before next season.

Comment

• subfor wrote: View Post
                Yes, it's true. But still for official announcement you have to wait until the coach is officially free.
                Not true. Lakers hired Luke Walton before the NBA Finals even started in 2016.

Might be true for overseas leagues, but NBA assistants are available as long as their current team makes them available.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I'm all in for Jazzy cabbages, or Juicy coffee shoes, or Yes sir cottage cheese, or Yowsers coocoo choice.

Very interesting option.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
                    I'm all in for Jazzy cabbages, or Juicy coffee shoes, or Yes sir cottage cheese, or Yowsers coocoo choice.

Very interesting option.
                    Yes-hemightbejesus?

Comment

I'm all in for Jazzy cabbages, or Juicy coffee shoes, or Yes sir cottage cheese, or Yowsers coocoo choice.

Very interesting option.
                      No Hipsters allowed on RR.

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

This looks to me like another sign that Messina is the guy the Raptors are probably going to announce this week as their new head coach because if it were an internal coach like Nurse that got promoted , Stacks should have recieved an automatic bump to an assistant to fill the void instead of going to the Grizzles for that.

Also someone like Messina is probably the kind of coach who would want to hire his own assistants whom he is familiar with.

Comment

• They going to sign Messina and get that Euro guy as a assistant so they cover all options. That’s what I would do.

Comment

Very interesting option.
                              This just made my morning
                              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                                They going to sign Messina and get that Euro guy as a assistant so they cover all options. That’s what I would do.
                                He's not coming to NBA as an assistant. So that's not an option.
                                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Working...
                                X