Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, now onto signing LeBron.

Comment

• whatever...Messina has been getting interviews for years now and nobody signs him. Something must be up with him
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Comment

• This to me is Masai believing in the Raptors internal culture and development process. He believes in continuity and he believes that it has what has helped lead this franchise to success. And I think he has every reason to believe that, taking a franchise that had zero record of success and leading them to an Eastern Conference Finals 3 years ago and 59 wins this year is nothing to sneeze at.

I still think the Casey firing was a PR move more than anything, because as good as Nurse was at helping to put together the offensive system the Raptors use now, this will do nothing about the defensive limitations that lost the Raptors the Cavs series. But there may be nothing to be done about that from a coaching perspective. The whole league is moving towards switching as their main defensive style, and the Raptors have a terrible switching roster. That could become an advantage in the next year or two as rosters start being constructed to beat switching.
          That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            whatever...Messina has been getting interviews for years now and nobody signs him. Something must be up with him
            It is entirely possible fans value Messina more than team’s do.

Comment

• In all seriousness, why are you all reading Nick Nurse's name as if it was fucking Casey's? He's not Casey, and he must have had a damn good couple interviews too for Masai to hire him.

Everyone's bitching about it now, but can we at least wait till the season starts to judge his gameplanning, X and O's, etc etc. All we know about him is that he pitched the offence we ran last year when he got hired 4 years ago.

In any case, he's the damn alpha now.

Comment

• Low risk low reward choice

Comment

• When push comes to shove.... Masai always chooses familiarity over change. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but my unwavering support is starting to waver. Somehow, I just don't see Nurse holding Lowry and DeMar accountable for playing defense any more than Casey did. We'll see.....

Comment

• they couldn't get Bud so they went safe

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

MLSE didn't want to rock the boat. Gotta win them 50 useless regular season games

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

they couldn't get Bud so they went safe
                          Yet they never offered him the job? There were also rumours that Masai didn't like Bud's interview.

Comment

• So what's the point of firing Casey if they're gonna play it safe? Unless Nurse had all these great ideas that Casey refused to listen to this makes no sense. Masai said they need a new voice and they promote an assistant. Oh well

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                              Yet they never offered him the job? There were also rumours that Masai didn't like Bud's interview.
                              Smoke screen. Come on man you know how MLSE operates

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                So what's the point of firing Casey if they're gonna play it safe? Unless Nurse had all these great ideas that Casey refused to listen to this makes no sense. Masai said they need a new voice and they promote an assistant. Oh well

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                                They wanted Bud but couldn't get him. Settled with Nurse

Comment

Working...
                                X