Potential Coaching Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
    oh, i remember someone bringing him up way back when this thread was, uh, very active.

EDIT: Also, Obradovic, was bandied about here back then - any good? Anyone follow European basketball?
    Obradovic is the best European coach in history imo.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
      I have always loved Jeff VanGundy, do you think he’s lost touch with the NBA’s new offensive style? He can get the most out of our guys no doubt.
      Everyone keeps saying that he likes his cushy announcing gig, but Grange's latest article implies that he's ready to roam the sidelines again.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Everyone keeps saying that he likes his cushy announcing gig, but Grange's latest article implies that he's ready to roam the sidelines again.
        I would stay in the booth... it is cushy and you dont have the stress to deal with ... but some guys want it so lets see.

Comment

What I learned from the Ujiri presser is that when Michael Grange stands up under a pot light with his back to the camera, his enormous bald spot is unveiled for all the world to see.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

He coached team USA during the qualifiers this year. Reports were he still has a special ability to coach and teach.

He also has respect around the league, and personality to hold players accountable.

Comment

• Van Gundy's are too whiny.

I say we roll with Nurse or Kalaimian
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                There's no such thing as a LeBron stopper lol.
                This.

You just need a guy who can stay in front of him and not make it a total joke for him to get to the rim. We have one in OG. The main way to beat LeBron is to overwhelm and shut down the rest of the team. Which we never do. Whether it's Frye, Love or Korver one of their secondary guys is always raping us.

Comment

• I'm not so sure about Bud. Bud coaches a style that we played this past season which is a bonus. Keeps that momentum going. But Bud was also not a very good playoff coach. Couldn't get that team very far and got swept by Lebron no less.

I'd prefer someone new.. not a retread.

Maybe Masai goes after Ime Udoka. Spurs assistant coach. Also a Nigerian which could mean that Masai has a connection already.

Comment

• Masai is going to get a lot of criticism if he hires Budenholzer. LeBron has swept Bud's great Hawks team in back to back years as well.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I'm all for a coaching change, but the people who want to pretend it's not a talent issue I feel sorry for you.

Comment

• I still wonder if Obradovic has any desire to come to the NBA.

You want a winner? 9 Euroleague championships with 5 different organizations.

Probably the best coach in the history of the Euroleague, and in the past wouldn't come over because no one would offer him a head coaching gig.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                          Van Gundy's are too whiny.

I say we roll with Nurse or Kalaimian

If you want the same old results we could do that

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            I'm not so sure about Bud. Bud coaches a style that we played this past season which is a bonus. Keeps that momentum going. But Bud was also not a very good playoff coach. Couldn't get that team very far and got swept by Lebron no less.

I'd prefer someone new.. not a retread.

Maybe Masai goes after Ime Udoka. Spurs assistant coach. Also a Nigerian which could mean that Masai has a connection already.
                            I just wanna point out (as a Nigerian myself)... Nigerian is by far the most common nationality for a black person living outside of Africa. It's a country with nearly 200 million people and a LOT of diaspora. Just because two guys are Nigerian doesn't mean they know each other or have any relation. Granted, Udoka and Masai probably do since they're both in the NBA.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                              This.

You just need a guy who can stay in front of him and not make it a total joke for him to get to the rim. We have one in OG. The main way to beat LeBron is to overwhelm and shut down the rest of the team. Which we never do. Whether it's Frye, Love or Korver one of their secondary guys is always raping us.
                              This. For people saying the problem is Kyle/DeMar, there was a huge difference in Indiana's nearly successful gameplan vs. Lebron and Toronto's shambles of a game plan, which was changing constantly through the 4 game sweep. The only positive was OG generally hanging with LBJ one-on-one. Coverage everywhere else was a disaster. DeMar didn't help, but the problem was more than just one guy.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Those Hawks teams didn't have all that much talent on them, to be honest..... Bud got a lot out of role players & veteran types. I mean, during those playoffs when they made it to the ECF, you can argue their best player was a man we took a chance on, that guy being Demarre Carroll. Everybody else struggled throughout that whole post-season.

We are a lot better than those Hawks teams. I think Bud gets the most out of us if he comes here.
                                Axel wrote:
                                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                                X