No announcement yet.

Potential Coaching Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if we've contacted Jay Wright?

I'm not a big fan of college coaches normally, but he's not at a HUGE school and he has an incredible track record the past few years. Also worked with Lowry before. Not really my first choice just throwing a name out there.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
      I assume by this.... it's down to 2 men:

1. Nick Nurse

2. Rex Kalamian
      Please no
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
        I wonder if we've contacted Jay Wright?

I'm not a big fan of college coaches normally, but he's not at a HUGE school and he has an incredible track record the past few years. Also worked with Lowry before. Not really my first choice just throwing a name out there.
        Wouldn't surprise me if he found somebody from the college ranks, also wouldn't surprise me if he pulled Jerry Sloan out of retirement (kidding). I think he would be after someone younger likes Spo or Stevens. Someone young and and has a good mind for basketball.

Comment

• Comment

• Messina might be the most qualified but I was listening to a Woj podcast and he brought up good points about the chemistry the new coach has to have with the players and the front office. Ive heard Messina can be a bit of a hard ass. Could this be why he hasn’t been offered a head coaching job?

I think he is my second choice to Jeff Van Gundy. Although I think that is a long shot.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
              Messina might be the most qualified but I was listening to a Woj podcast and he brought up good points about the chemistry the new coach has to have with the players and the front office. Ive heard Messina can be a bit of a hard ass. Could this be why he hasn’t been offered a head coaching job?

I think he is my second choice to Jeff Van Gundy. Although I think that is a long shot.
              Masai likes those kind of coaches though.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                Messina might be the most qualified but I was listening to a Woj podcast and he brought up good points about the chemistry the new coach has to have with the players and the front office. Ive heard Messina can be a bit of a hard ass. Could this be why he hasn’t been offered a head coaching job?

Yeah well Pops can be a hard ass as well but he gets shit done. Players don't have to like their coach, but hopefully they work hard and respect him.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Masai can do better.

I hope.

Comment

• Back in the day (during the first round of fire Casey threads), I really wanted Obradovic. I see Messina as a more palatable (more NBA experience, a little less fire but still a decent amount) version of Obradovic, who I don't really see as working for the semi-contending place that the Raptors are currently at.

But part of me is definitely still hoping that Masai shocks the league and brings over ZO.

Comment

• This is interesting. The only reason why i think hiring one of Casey's assistants would be a mistake is because i think this team needs a new voice. That's it. But Nurse seems like a highly regarded coach around the league.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        This is interesting. The only reason why i think hiring one of Casey's assistants would be a mistake is because i think this team needs a new voice. That's it. But Nurse seems like a highly regarded coach around the league.

What Casey lacked was in game adjustments, rotations, time outs, matchups. Nurse had very little say in those thing. If he became head coach, it becomes his job to make those quick thinking calls.

Who knows maybe it's a great move
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• That guy is clearly just speaking out of opinion and not any source.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                            That guy is clearly just speaking out of opinion and not any source.
                            Yahoo.com

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                              Yahoo.com
                              He really said “I get the feeling” and then expect people to believe any words said after that

Comment

• Damn, I knew Giannis would be too much for Bud to resist.

Messina is my top choice, then Nurse.

Really don't want Stackhouse or Rex. Stack because of experience, and Rex because he's the least impressive candidate by far.

There are lots of other candidates I could get behind as well, but the field is limited if we want someone with a lot of experience who is also forward thinking.

Comment

Working...
                                X