• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can they pick somebody already? god damn
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
      at the end of the day get the raps I real shooting guard. A point guard that can hit the open 3 and everyone be able to play 1 v 1 defence. Hiding players like derozan is not working. It’s not hard to score 100 pts in this league with the right coach

Every body wants up tempo cause it’s fun to watch. Slow the game down. Half court set ppl to death. Curry can score 40 a night well run him through screen after screen slow his ass down make him work both ends. The tactician mentality is dead in the nba I would like to see those days come back
      The only way to pull off that slow, methodical pace at the highest level is with elite iso players, whether that's a wing or a post player. We don't have that. Houston has managed to do it against GS a few times now because they have two of the top 5 or 6 one on one players in the NBA and a bunch of marksmen around them.

And please for the love of God do not say Lowry or JV is capable of doing that.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        Can they pick somebody already? god damn
        I'm starting to get the feeling (as someone mentioned earlier) that they guy we're planning to hire is coaching for one of the final four teams. Hence the reason for no announcement yet.

Either that or we want to interview one of those guys and the teams won't let us until the playoffs are done.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
          I'm starting to get the feeling (as someone mentioned earlier) that they guy we're planning to hire is coaching for one of the final four teams. Hence the reason for no announcement yet.

Either that or we want to interview one of those guys and the teams won't let us until the playoffs are done.
          Could be that they want to see which direction the roster goes around draft time or start of free agency (when I think any deal would get done). May be more willing to take a risk on inexperienced coaches with a younger roster with a longer timeline.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            I'd rather have Casey than any one of the assistant coaches.

What's the point of firing Casey if you're just going to hire one of the assistant coaches? this team needs a completely new voice.
            Because the goal is to get to and win NBA Finals in next 2 years. Hiring from within removed the excuse of time for a new coach from the outside. The guys here know what the issues are. It could take 2 years for a new coach to get to that point.

Comment

• Mike Brown would be an interesting hire. Has the playoff pedigree for sure. Would definitely be a push your chips in kind of a hire as opposed to a break up and rebuild type of hire.

Problem with Brown is that he's had a lot of top tier talent to work with (Duncan, Reggie Miller, Lebron, Kyrie, Kobe, Curry, Durant). I mean anyone would look good coaching those guys.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                Could be that they want to see which direction the roster goes around draft time or start of free agency (when I think any deal would get done). May be more willing to take a risk on inexperienced coaches with a younger roster with a longer timeline.
                That's my take as well. I feel like Masai is going to wait and see what his team looks like after the draft or even after free agency.

Plus he's just started interviewing guys.

As we've seen from previous drafts.. Masai brings in a lot of kids to work out. He needs a big pool of players to choose from so that he can narrow his decision down. Suspect he'll do the same with his coaching hire.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  I like the post about Mike Brown, and he probably has been underrated due to his LeBron stint but I honestly don’t know how we could hire a coach with the nickname “Mr Potato Head”
                  I thought that was mike woodson

2 coaches named Mike both a spitting of the same star of toy storys 1 thru 3

Nba: where amazing happens
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    I thought that was mike woodson

2 coaches named Mike both a spitting of the same star of toy storys 1 thru 3

Nba: where amazing happens

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      Illuminati confirmed
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

This is exactly like free agency!! The most in demand free agents go everywhere else and we settle for vegetable lasagna!

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
                          Here are the coaches who have hired Mike Brown to join their staff.

- Bernie Bickerstaff
                          - Gregg Popovich
                          - Rick Carlisle
                          - Phil Jackson
                          - Steve Kerr

Brown's record as an assistant coach is 341 – 201 (.629).

As a head coach his record is 347 - 216 (.616)

Note he has coached half his games as a head coach, and that is not counting the times he served as head coach for Golden State while Kerr was out with back issues.

As a head coach he has only missed the playoffs twice in 8 seasons, and has never lost in the first round.

He has been to the finals four times, once as a head coach, where lost to Popovich and the Spurs in 2007 (coaching LeBron). and three times as an Assistent, Losing it with Popovich in 2000, winning it with Popovich in 2003 and with Kerr in 2017 (yes, Last year, defeating LeBron James) during wich he was acting head coach, as Kerr was out.

He won coach of the year 2009.

He is only 48 years old.

Here is a panel he was on at Sloan.

Also, his nickname is "Mr. Potato Head"

I would love to have Mike Brown!
                          Meh, the man had Lebron James then Kobe Bryant his first 6 seasons as HC and he made a Finals ONCE. His teams were often mediocre offensively in spite of having GOAT players and middling to pretty good defensively. In only one of those six seasons he coached a team top 5 at both ends of the floor, which Casey just did and got fired.

But mostly watching those Cavs and Lakers teams try to play offence - Casey pound the rock we don't have the personnel to pass teams were Pistol Pete basketball magic in comparison to a Mike Brown team.

I'm sure Brown's a great assistant, it's probably what he should be for the rest of his career. Some guys are like that.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Trust the process.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• While Kenny may be interested in coaching, he's never shown any respect towards the Raps, so to now coach them would be weird...

Comment

• Charles Barkley plxxxx

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
                                2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

Working...
                                X