X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stackhouse's interview with Magic apparently didn't go well
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I feel like Masai already has a target in mind because I don't think he'd fire Casey without having some replacements

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
          I feel like Masai already has a target in mind because I don't think he'd fire Casey without having some replacements

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
          I would hope so.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            Stackhouse's interview with Magic apparently didn't go well
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• First choice: Messina, Hammon or Udoka
              Second: Stackhouse or Nurse
              Third: Blatt
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• For the people who are big JV fans and want to move on from DeRozan, Ettore Messina sounds like your guy:

He also states that his teams needed a minimum of 20 FGAs per game from the post. He talks about how the team should constantly look for opportunities to get the ball to the Center, where the defense is most forced to react. Messina is known for his development of post players and it seems clear from that article that he values low post players quite a bit. That isn’t to say that he only focuses on scoring from the post. His diagrams are full of all types of plays and the emphasis on getting the ball into the post seems more like "step 1" rather than the end goal. In a separate interview while with the Lakers, he talked about the importance of floor balance and ball movement.
                https://www.denverstiffs.com/2015/3/...ettore-messina

Personally don't think JV is good enough to warrant being made a focal point like this, nor does it really fit the modern NBA game that well, but I know some people here do so figured I'd post this for that lot.

Comment

• I think Masai has a big name in mind. If it's a nobody then I gotta think blowing it up is in play.

Comment

• It's gotta be Budenholzer, right? It feels like too much of a risk to take on a completely new head coach and potentially drag the Raptors back 2 or 3 steps. And I don't think it's going to be internal promotion, because that's hard to sell - you're basically throwing Casey under the bus and saying he didn't listen to his assistants who were really the geniuses with the ideas on how to beat Lebron.

Coach Bud is also 0-8 against Lebron in the playoffs but at least he's renowned for his tactical abilities. Though, for the most part there's long term and short term tactical stuff. Dwane and the Raptors were always pretty good at the long term "how we'd like to play in general" stuff, it's the short term he struggled with. And Bud really hasn't had "short-term" tactical success either. But at least it's a new smart voice with new ideas.
                    That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                      He's coached one good season with the Hawks. Don't want him.
                      He’s a long time spurs assistant too....if that matters

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                        First choice: Messina, Hammon or Udoka
                        Very much agree.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

For the people who are big JV fans and want to move on from DeRozan, Ettore Messina sounds like your guy:

Personally don't think JV is good enough to warrant being made a focal point like this, nor does it really fit the modern NBA game that well, but I know some people here do so figured I'd post this for that lot.
                          JV isn’t good enough because he hasn’t had the opportunity. He has shown the ability to make the right post play whether its scoring or passing out to a shooter or a cutter. Casey just never used him. If he is given the opportunity and thrown into the fire, I’d say he can develop into a fine post player.

Comment

For the people who are big JV fans and want to move on from DeRozan, Ettore Messina sounds like your guy:

Sign him up today! 5 year deal!

Comment

I like this. If we keep Demar, we really need to get him in the post more after some off ball movement as opposed to putting him at the top of the key where guys sag off of him.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                                First choice: Messina, Hammon or Udoka
                                Yikes. One guy with NBA head coaching experience? I would be shocked if Ujiri turns the reins over to a first-time coach. That would be so risky as to be reckless. If Raps are so enamoured with the Spurs coaching tree, then Budenholzer is the guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X