Potential Coaching Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I wouldn't mind taking a chance on someone like Udoka, Hammon, Messina, etc...

The coach choice has to be not just about trying to improve the results with the same group, but someone you might give the chance to coach if the team sees a bigger roster transition within the next year or so.

I think that's why Bud's name has already come up. Being a Spurs man for so long he may be willing to go through that kind of transition. Other experienced coaches may give up on the team after a year if all our stars/vets are traded out to go younger.
    Except he wasn't willing to go through that transition in Atlanta. I think if he's hired, he's here to coach a winner, and if the team has to tear down in two years because it wasn't good enough, there will be another coaching change - complete fresh start.
    That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Atlanta has had one of the worst ownerships in pro sports for decades. Maybe he didn't want to stay because he knew they wouldn't give a shit about putting a good team on the court long-term.
      He said he was sick of losing.

“Phoenix and the Knicks are trying to win every game,’’ said the NBA source, who has spoken to Budenholzer recently. “There’s a good chance Atlanta is not looking to win games the next two years. This wasn’t Mike’s decision. He didn’t expect it. He doesn’t want to lose games.’’
      https://nypost.com/2018/04/22/mike-b...site%20buttons
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Yea the argument for Bud is X&O’s, rotations, in game adjustments.

His strengths are Casey’s weaknesses
        Last edited by Rudy Bargnani; Fri May 11, 2018, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Here comes every arm chair GM with an opinion. Nobody has any fucking idea who will do best with this roster.
          What I can't believe is that so many people who spend as much time following basketball as the fans on this site are so confident of any name associated with the Spurs. Mind blasting

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Here comes every arm chair GM with an opinion. Nobody has any fucking idea who will do best with this roster.
            Ok shut down the thread then. None of us have any idea who Masai will hire or who the best hire is. Doesn't mean it isn't worth discussing.

If we aren't allowed to discuss anything we don't know for sure on here the entire site should be shut down and replaced with nothing more than boxscores after each Raptors game.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              That means he didn't want to tank. Transitioning doesn't have to mean tanking. Masai has also seemed like the type who doesn't really want to tank.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
              Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri May 11, 2018, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• How about Jay Wright from Villanova!

Comment

• Codadav wrote: View Post
                  How about Jay Wright from Villanova!

Give this man a prize get pick

Comment

I don't want JV to be the focal point, I just want him to not be an afterthought because our offence is frankly better when he's involved.
                    . . .
                    Let Jonas finally figure out exactly what his ceiling is, and hopefully it's not too late for that.
                    Yes. And don't forget that Jonas just turned 26 this month, and in fact he's the same age as Delon Wright.

A lot of us tend to forget think of Jonas as older since he's been in the league for several years. We always talk about guys like Delon Wright's ceiling and potential, but forget that Jonas still (should) have a lot of years ahead of him too.

Comment

• Jay Larranaga - Celtics assistant since 2012. Recently interviewed by Hornets and Knicks is an another option.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I want a loud coach that is not afraid to get at these guys

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                          Ah my bad, I see your point. Personally I don't even think we should be trying to win with this roster, the talent isn't there. But it could be a situation where he's bringing a guy in who he thinks can win the title.

Speaking of Carlisle... there were some rumors he might leave Dallas.
                          I've been pitching the Carlisle stuff for a few days but it won't happen. Even if he wanted out he'd never take Casey's old job....

Comment

• I remember the good old days of the D. Carroll signing. He started out as a bit of a bust and many of us here thought he was just a product of coach Bud's enviable ball moving system. Might not be the worst thing. I wonder how much the concept of Kyle and his trust issues play into things.

Comment

• Still floored about this news. Been really busy at work today and couldn't get to RR until now. Wow. Masai made the decision - FINALLY!

Wow

Comment

• We need a guy that can beat up Lebron. Wonder what it would take to grab Spo from Miami. He'd be the perfect coach in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X