Potential Coaching Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• magoon wrote: View Post
    Pau Gasol literally wrote an entire article for the Players' Tribune about how Hammon is the real deal. How often do players write glowing testimonials about their coaches?
    Same answer. Depends on how intent a player is on showing how "progressive" they are....
    And tons of players are quoted in glowing terms about their coach after they are fired for instsnce. Just happened here with Casey....

Now search for quotes from the G League re Stackhouse .... not uncommon at all.
    Last edited by G__Deane; Tue May 15, 2018, 04:25 PM.

Comment

• If we miss out on Budenholzer we should go all in on Messina.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        If we miss out on Budenholzer we should go all in on Messina.
        We should go all in on Messina regardless imo

Comment

• Raptors are the bridesmaid of the NBA. Bud will pick Milwaukee over Toronto. It's written in the stars.

I'm actually okay with that.. just don't want Rex as the plan B. That would be like swapping Mitchell for Triano.

Comment

• So now even the top coaches don't want to be a part of a Canadian team? I'm so tired of this team having to fight an uphill battle. May as well join the dark side support a tank. Make some talented kids who don't want to be here, be here.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
              So now even the top coaches don't want to be a part of a Canadian team? I'm so tired of this team having to fight an uphill battle. May as well join the dark side support a tank. Make some talented kids who don't want to be here, be here.
              The Bucks have Giannis, who is a superstar-in-waiting. Probably the only young player in the league a coach would want to coach more is Anthony Davis.

Comment

• Just get a young coach and rebuild.

Comment

So now even the top coaches don't want to be a part of a Canadian team?
                  Budenholzer left the Hawks, turned down the Suns, interviewed with the Knicks, and is now seriously considering the Bucks and Raptors. I'd hardly take that situation the way you're taking it.

Pistons were also reported to have interest, not sure if that went anywhere.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Coach Bud seems to be doing to the Raps what other NBA free agents been doing for years: Flirt with the Raps to drive up salary demand. Let him go to the Bucks & grab Messina instead.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                      Budenholzer left the Hawks, turned down the Suns, interviewed with the Knicks, and is now seriously considering the Bucks and Raptors. I'd hardly take that situation the way you're taking it.

Pistons were also reported to have interest, not sure if that went anywhere.
                      Yeah, I'm going to be up and down for a bit. Boston destroying the Cav's isn't helping me stay balanced.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                        Coach Bud seems to be doing to the Raps what other NBA free agents been doing for years: Flirt with the Raps to drive up salary demand. Let him go to the Bucks & grab Messina instead.
                        I said it before but I get the sneaking suspicion that Pop is going to retire, and soon. I mean it's weird that all of his assistants are interviewing for HC jobs this year. If he does retire then I think Messina takes over as Spurs HC.

Comment

I said it before but I get the sneaking suspicion that Pop is going to retire, and soon. I mean it's weird that all of his assistants are interviewing for HC jobs this year. If he does retire then I think Messina takes over as Spurs HC.
                          I thought so too, but with his wife having recently passed and the spurs essentially being a part of his family, by all accounts, I think he stays on a while longer

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
                          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                            I thought so too, but with his wife having recently passed and the spurs essentially being a part of his family, by all accounts, I think he stays on a while longer

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
                            That's a good point about his wife. I feel like Pops will want to hang on longer as well because of that.

Comment

• Does Chauncey Billups have any coaching experience? Much like Stackhouse, I think his voice would carry a lot of weight.

Comment

Does Chauncey Billups have any coaching experience? Much like Stackhouse, I think his voice would carry a lot of weight.
                                He was pursued heavily a couple years back but was pretty adamant on not wanting to coach and wanting a front office job instead

Comment

Working...
                                X