No announcement yet.

Potential Coaching Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can blame Casey all you want but at the end of the day you need your best players to play like your best players. Lowry and DeRozan just keeps disappearing in the playoffs.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      Wow. What an impossible position to put a first time head coach in. Hey, you, first time coach, take this team to the NBA finals or the entire season is an abject failure. Good luck!

Let alone the scrutiny she'd be under as the first female head coach. This is not the spot for someone to learn on the job nor bear the kind of pressure she'd be under immediately.

They need an experience hand.
      Why is this line of thinking a thing?

Especially in the situation where Masai happens to hire a first time coach, like Becky, he’ll have a perfect excuse for not reaching the finals. And the finals really shouldn’t be the expectation if the roster stays relatively intact.

If we get to the second round with Hammond and lose to Lebron again, Masai will just say “it’s a multi year process and we’re confident in giving [said coach] the opportunity to improve on previous results like we did with Dwane.”

There really won’t be heat on the coach unless they have a considerably worse team than this years. Even if we have almost an identical season, management will place blame on the players at that point. Would make Casey seem like a scapegoat at that point but one could argue it was a needed change regardless.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Gonna get interesting now. Stackhouse?

Comment

• Cool cool cool

Messina PLEASE Masai

Comment

• Comment

• I assume by this.... it's down to 2 men:

1. Nick Nurse

2. Rex Kalamian
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• I think it's Stack. He has the credibility with Kyle and Demar (I guess) to give this group one last chance at the ring and then he can coach up the young kids for the rebuild. That's a pretty niche description that doesn't describe too many other people.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                      I assume by this.... it's down to 2 men:

1. Nick Nurse

2. Rex Kalamian
                      I'd rather have Casey than any one of the assistant coaches.

What's the point of firing Casey if you're just going to hire one of the assistant coaches? this team needs a completely new voice.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• If we are trying to beat Lebron, I fail to see how someone who also loses to Lebron can help.

Can MLSE give a % of the team to Brad Stevens and have him come?

Comment

• If we are not aggressively pursuing Becky Hammon - we should be. This team needs a coach that does not fear adversity. Hammon has braved the NBA landscape as the first female assistant as well as the first female summer league head coach. This, in combination with her ability (any coach vouched for by Popovich is to be highly valued) make her a great fit in Toronto.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

I wonder if it was the 4 year deal that the Bucks presented.. Masai may not have wanted to commit to that.

Comment

• Ah well, not upset we didn't get him.

I'm just patiently waiting to see who Masai hires.

Comment

• Masai said to put it all on him, so I don't think he's going to ptomote one of the assistants. My guess is he's going to pay someone a lot of money and that person will be the best that money can buy.

Comment

Working...
                                X