Potential Coaching Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• magoon wrote: View Post
    Stack was always a bit of a longshot to get a head coaching gig this year. Yes, he's done great work down in the D-League, but the usual next step after that is to become a head assistant coach in the NBA - like Nick Nurse did. None of this means that Detroit or somebody else won't ultimately decide to hire Stack, because teams take chances on guys all the time, but the odds of him getting a head coaching gig weren't as good as people here thought they were.
    Well if they hire Nurse for the coaching gig, they should get Stack a promotion to his assistant.

Comment

• Here is the thing we already seen nurse offense I am not impressed. Stackhouse should be getting interest from Detroit where he has history but he is not that gives me pause. He also was one of the players Larry brown got rid of before their championship run. Chancey billups was the coach on the floor for the best defensive team in nba history. If I remember correct finals MVP. Raheed Wallace is someone I would like to pair with billups as a assistant.

Messina is the only other tactician Coach on the market I know about. I have a feeling MU is going to pull a Bruno as this is his first time picking a coach.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
        Here is the thing we already seen nurse offense I am not impressed. Stackhouse should be getting interest from Detroit where he has history but he is not that gives me pause. He also was one of the players Larry brown got rid of before their championship run. Chancey billups was the coach on the floor for the best defensive team in nba history. If I remember correct finals MVP. Raheed Wallace is someone I would like to pair with billups as a assistant.

Messina is the only other tactician Coach on the market I know about. I have a feeling MU is going to pull a Bruno as this is his first time picking a coach.
        What's not to be impressed with the offence? The ball moved, the players moved, the team scored no matter who was on the floor, the usage and minutes got spread around, and the offence held up even in the playoffs.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          What's not to be impressed with the offence? The ball moved, the players moved, the team scored no matter who was on the floor, the usage and minutes got spread around, and the offence held up even in the playoffs.
          It got shut down in the playoffs no one cares about regular season

Comment

It got shut down in the playoffs no one cares about regular season
            The offence got shut down in the playoffs? When was that?
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              The offence got shut down in the playoffs? When was that?
              When we got swept

Comment

When we got swept
                Raptors had the second highest offensive rating in the playoffs, second best in the 2nd round as well.

The defense was the issue, not the offense, really.(also, the offense cratered when DeMar was on the floor against Cleveland, but that's a separate issue)
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• I hate you stat ppl watch the game. His offense has no counters, no back doors. A article came out where LeBron was teach raptors their own plays. That 1000% coaching nurse is not the answer. Just like I was right about Bruno, demar, Casey I am right about this.

Comment

• In other coaching news, Jay Triano has been hired as the lead assistant coach for Charlotte.

Comment

• Let’s play a game show me a offense you respect.

I will name mine Spurs the year they beat LeBron. 76ers this year in the playoffs. Detroit pistons Larry brown.

Comment

• Harlem Globetrotters versus the Washington Generals?

No confetti snafus at the end of games in Philly because they bring their own
                        Last edited by Ebonhawke; Mon May 21, 2018, 12:45 AM.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/rE9_zBpNbps

When the Detroit runs their sets pay attention

Comment

• When I find a good spurs one I will post it

76ers https://youtu.be/S1tCDFOLLZA

Trying to find a good playoff one

Comment

I hate you stat ppl watch the game. His offense has no counters, no back doors. A article came out where LeBron was teach raptors their own plays. That 1000% coaching nurse is not the answer. Just like I was right about Bruno, demar, Casey I am right about this.
                              That article you're referring to suggested this happened a couple seasons back, I believe...
                              -- not this year, once they finally implemented Nurse's offensive system.
                              (Not that I expect this to change your opinion in any way whatsoever )

Comment

I hate you stat ppl watch the game. His offense has no counters, no back doors. A article came out where LeBron was teach raptors their own plays. That 1000% coaching nurse is not the answer. Just like I was right about Bruno, demar, Casey I am right about this.
                                GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                                That article you're referring to suggested this happened a couple seasons back, I believe...
                                -- not this year, once they finally implemented Nurse's offensive system.
                                (Not that I expect this to change your opinion in any way whatsoever )
                                Yeah, LeBron telling Patrick Patterson where to line up is a pretty big tell that the article wasn’t about this past season.

The offence was good this year, including playoffs. The defence, the preparation, the mental awareness (knowing the situation and being ready for it) - those are the things that we failed on.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X