Potential Coaching Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Messina and Udoka were names tossed around a lot by us mere fans.. interesting that they actually got interviewed. Add Bud to that mix and it seems like Masai is targeting Spurs guys.

Wonder if the Spurs would give up Pops? Maybe we can give them Ibaka for him
    Messina or bust.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Messina is the next logical choice, the avg fan wouldn’t know him but when u put up his history the fans will view it as a positive. And because he is from euro background. They can now move on safely from Lowry and derozan and put JV as the face. This gets done before draft day. Marketing vice it would make perfect sense. MLS and Rogers want to keep the revenue flowing

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

LET'S GO BOYS
        Sweet.

Two of the three I had tied for first in who I wanted seem to have gotten interviewed.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Is there a list of teams looking for a HC? Seems like there is a lot of competition out there this year. Just hope these guys have enough sense to not go to the Knicks

Comment

• Hopefully its Messina. Couldn't be any happier if he is hired as the HC.

Comment

• IDK why you're stressing so much when it's obvious Masai's just waiting for Sacramento to waive Bruno so he can hire him as our next coach.

Comment

• Messina! Messina! Messina!

Comment

• I have no problems with Raptors going with ISO ball again. The problem was that the players played it inefficiently - taking long 2s and contested shots.

Comment

• Really would be happy with any of the Spurs guys whether that's Messina or Udoka or even Becky Hammon.

I think if the plan is to be good next year then Messina is our best bet. If not I'd like to try Udoka or Hammon since they're both really young and could grow with the team as we develop our young guys.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      2 other names I want the Raptors to take a look at are : Jama Mahlalela, Jesse Mermuys. These 2 might be a few years away but they seem to have the right pedigree in becoming good future coaches in this league.
                      jesse is gone in LA now I think

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                        jesse is gone in LA now I think
                        Yeah as assistant but he will jump at the opportunity for an interview as a head coach. Toronto needs to find its Brad Stevens and not some old dinosaur (sorry for the pun) still bouncing around with old ideas.

Comment

• I’d rather take a shot at someone who has experience, and has a reputation as a great tactitian. It takes a lot of luck to find a guy like Brad Stevens.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                            I’d rather take a shot at someone who has experience, and has a reputation as a great tactitian. It takes a lot of luck to find a guy like Brad Stevens.
                            Unfortunately almost all of those kinda guys don't lose their jobs.

Comment

• Messina is best case scenario. He's a guy this forum has been clamoring for for years. Proven successful head coach at every level except the NBA. I kinda feel like he's more interviewing teams than the other way around at this point. Hope he picks us.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                                Messina is best case scenario. He's a guy this forum has been clamoring for for years. Proven successful head coach at every level except the NBA. I kinda feel like he's more interviewing teams than the other way around at this point. Hope he picks us.
                                Well so was Blatt.. but apperently he was still green in certain areas but just needed more experience/time. Then again if Lebron doesn't like your coaching methods then you will be out no matter what.

Comment

Working...
                                X