No announcement yet.

Potential Coaching Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good for Stack, he deserved a shot to at least move up. He can come back here as head coach once whoever we hire fails lol

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Messina has to be the only choice at this point.

Comment

• Messina would be more intriguing but Nurse is still not a bad choice. His offense was pretty great. Not sure how Nurse would handle the "Lebron" problem though. A different voice would help there since the problem was entirely in their heads.

Hopefully Lebron goes out West and that problem just solves itself organically.

Comment

Pretty easy decision if you ask me. Don't fuck this up Masai. #Messina
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

That's a shame. I was starting to get very intrigued by Sarunas ('Sharoonas').

I just watched his interview from their first win in the LKL finals. The article said he was "very angry with the holes in the defense" on the sidelines in the first quarter. The first thing he covered in his interview seemed to be (to my partial Lithuanian) how upset he was that they allowed the opponents to stay level in the first half..

Similarly he got ejected in the fourth quarter of their final game of their semi-final sweep, that they won by 19 points, for picking up his second technical.

He seems to be intensely passionate ... which could be really good to have on our sidelines ... if our players can take it, and he knows how to use it.

Here he is giving an earful to Brandon Davies, and American who plays for him.
              https://www.eurohoops.net/en/eurolea...-jasikevicius/

And here is what Brandon has to say about him in an interview a few months later:

JM: What is it been like playing for coach (Sarunas) Jasikevicius?

DB: It’s been surreal. He’s a legend all over Europe. Everywhere we go he has fans. Even in hostile environments, they have respect for him. He gets standing ovations in most gyms.
              Last edited by Kuh; Sun Jun 10, 2018, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• It seems like Sarunas may be a good fit with Masai, too:
                - Saras on player selection (he is like a GM, he decides who to buy in Zalgiris): "We try to build versatile roster with hungry players & great personalities. We avoid questionable individuals. The only way for us to win: to be disciplined, dedicated, physically ready and united"
                - there's a hashtag #InSarasWeTrust

Comment

• It's sad to hear that Sarunas is left out of the run. Either way I hope Masai picks Messina.

Comment

• I got attached to Sarunas as well. You can’t just dangle a guy like that in front of the fan base and then take it away. Lol

I’m hoping for an outside hire and I’m happy with Messina.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                      He's not coming to NBA as an assistant. So that's not an option.
                      Why Messina did and has a better resume

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                        Why Messina did and has a better resume
                        To work under Pop. soooo.... not the same thing.

Comment

• The nba is special these euro coaches need to humble there ego if that’s how they think . I don’t want him

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                            The nba is special these euro coaches need to humble there ego if that’s how they think . I don’t want him
                            We don't know if that is how he thinks. It's his fans here at RR that have made him a legend before they've seen him coach a single game

Comment

• There was a report that Sarunas turned down an invitation to be on Pop's staff in the past. So the argument has merit.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                We don't know if that is how he thinks. It's his fans here at RR that have made him a legend before they've seen him coach a single game
                                True, this guy and Messina would be a good combo I hope MU makes it happen if this guys ego doesn’t get in the way

Comment

Working...
                                X