• Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    Bargs was on the right trajectory until like 2008
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Bargs was on the right trajectory until like 2008
      In 2006 Raptors had the best European NBA prospect in Bargnani and the best European GM in Gheridini so now in 2018 we might have the best European coach...

Kinda does sounds like a let down now...

Comment

I'm fine with Messina or Sharoonas. Not high on Nurse though.
        IF LBJ goes to Lakers Nick Nurse would be the best choice IMO . With Messina there will invariably be an adjustment period. We have a two year window. We need to get to NBA finals next year.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
          IF LBJ goes to Lakers Nick Nurse would be the best choice IMO . With Messina there will invariably be an adjustment period. We have a two year window. We need to get to NBA finals next year.
          I should hope there would be an adjustment period with Nurse as well.

We do not want continuity from Casey's years!

I know that a lot of people assume Nurse would be continuity, but it's just as up in the air as anyone else taking over.

We know from that story earlier this year that Nurse basically didn't gain real input with the offence until this year. And we have no clue what kind of D he'd favour, but there might be overlap with previous years there and that could be fine.

One thing to consider is Nurse was the one who worked with the young guys last summer so that they got a head start on the new system. So this could also be a move that is looking beyond Kyle and DeMar. Keep a coach who's already worked with many of your younger pieces and shown success.

Masai did say something along the lines of the hire would look to the long term, not just the short term.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Nick Nurse was tasked with teaching a ball movement offence but he did have input prior to this past year. Casey made the final decisions but he wasn't working alone and by the sounds of it he was a very collaborative coach.

What we need is a proven in game tactician, and to continue the growth Dwane started. Who knows if Nick Nurse has those skills to coach a NBA game. The other links candidates are similar wild cards, but the safest bet would be Messina

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
              the best European GM in Gheridini
              Holy shit, I had completely forgotten about that guy! Lol Whatever happened to him? Did we fire him?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                Holy shit, I had completely forgotten about that guy! Lol Whatever happened to him? Did we fire him?
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maurizio_Gherardini

Comment

• all this bullshit just to sign this guy....

Zarar on RR podcast was right. They wanted Bud, couldn't get him and weren't super excited about what was there
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Comment

• Makes sense. He knows this team and can stick around if it's a brand new team in a year or two.

Comment

This sums up my thought here. Why Nurse? It feels like it's too safe, and it's going to backfire.
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                          Makes sense. He knows this team and can stick around if it's a brand new team in a year or two.
                          That's my thoughts as well. Masai buys some time too, in case they do a rebuild after this year or next.

Comment

• Nick Nurse promoted to HC

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                              Nick Nurse promoted to HC
                              Not a fan

Comment

• I’m fine with it.

I think Masai is keeping his options open in case he wants to rebuild. Nurse is still a young coach, not a lot of head coaching experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X