No announcement yet.

Potential Coaching Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think that this hiring signals things to come. That tear down which many have been asking for might be coming.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      I think that this hiring signals things to come. That tear down which many have been asking for might be coming.
      Not necessarily. It really doesn't paint that picture for me. What I see is actually some more continuity if anything by bringing back a familiar face.

Comment

I think that this hiring signals things to come. That tear down which many have been asking for might be coming.
        I doubt Messina would want to coach a rebuild, so Masai went the route which gives him the option to rebuild if he chooses to.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
          Agreed.

There is no guarantee Messina would be a good coach either. This isn’t a lateral move. Its a risk just like any other hire.
          So many assumptions in this thread. From what I read from actual insiders and things like "strong internal push for Nurse"...the guy is going to make a great coach. He's been getting looks for multiple years now. He was probably a better coach than Casey already but out of respect Casey was kept on.

I'm looking forward to faster in game adjustments. And if you ever looked at Nurse reactions after bad plays in his chair, dude is fucking firey. Expect a lot more T's and accountability.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            Not necessarily. It really doesn't paint that picture for me. What I see is actually some more continuity if anything by bringing back a familiar face.
            After the playoff sweep we just experienced, do you really think continuity is what this team needs?

Comment

• Meh, was really expecting Messina to be hired. Oh well.... again, basically folding after first hand.
              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Saying this as a guy who was hoping for Sarunas. Can we give Nurse a chance?

Comment

After the playoff sweep we just experienced, do you really think continuity is what this team needs?
                  What I think and what Masai thinks are different things. And if LBJ goes out West does it matter if we make a roster change?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    There were 2 options, Messina or Nurse. Hiring Messina screams “win now” to me. Hiring Nurse keeps the door open to rebuild. Hiring Hammon or Udoka would point to a rebuild.

Comment

Continuity as in he was on the payroll last year. There is no indication or even valid reason to think coaching will be done the same at all.

Assistant coaches have very little say, especially in game management.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                        Saying this as a guy who was hoping for Sarunas. Can we give Nurse a chance?
                        Is there a choice? He's being given a chance
                        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Raptors really trying to emulate the Spurs family. Internal growth, core staying the same, shrewd late round picks that become pros

Of course we're continuing to hit the Lebron wall that so many other teams hit..just need our Tim Duncan/Kawhi...and of course that's a tough find

Comment

• Potential Coaching Candidates

After 10 minutes I feel pretty good about the signing. The problem last war was Casey’s failure to adjust on the fly, not the system. If Nurse can fix that then our ceiling goes way up.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Raptors really trying to emulate the Spurs family. Internal growth, core staying the same, shrewd late round picks that become pros

Of course we're continuing to hit the Lebron wall that so many other teams hit..just need our Tim Duncan/Kawhi...and of course that's a tough find
                              We have our future Kawhi, no Duncan yet.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                                We have our future Kawhi, no Duncan yet.
                                Pascal!

Comment

Working...
                                X