No announcement yet.

Potential Coaching Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bud is a solid option, if a little uninspired. Nurse or Stack could get promoted - Nurse in particular would make sense if we are moving away from DeMar (we may well not be) and going for more defence/shooting. There are plenty of other options, everyone always loves the Spurs coaching tree, Udoka, Messina, etc. I do agree that Masai probably has a very short list of people he's narrowed it down to before making the Casey decision.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• https://youtu.be/8Pl8ug3vXTU
      Not saying to run the triangle but we need a offense set that has multi counters. Any coach that comes in that needs to be their staple. High IQ basketball from here on in

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
        I want a loud coach that is not afraid to get at these guys
        We need Kevin O’Neill he will challenge Vince Carter to play tough.....nevermind

Comment

• David Thorpe made an excellent point on Zach Lowe's pod. Casey was good at almost everything except managing games which he was terrible at. Piss-poor adjustments, panicky, lack of any real sort of plan B.

If we're getting a new coach we need to get someone who is amazing at in-game adjustments. We can actually carry over the good parts of the system fairly easily if we keep Nurse, Rex, etc around. But we have to get better at winning the game within a game if we want to make any improvement.

I honestly think Masai is going to hire out of left-field, someone none of us are expecting.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
            I honestly think Masai is going to hire out of left-field, someone none of us are expecting.
            In comes Patches O'Hoolihan!

Comment

David Thorpe made an excellent point on Zach Lowe's pod. Casey was good at almost everything except managing games which he was terrible at. Piss-poor adjustments, panicky, lack of any real sort of plan B.

If we're getting a new coach we need to get someone who is amazing at in-game adjustments. We can actually carry over the good parts of the system fairly easily if we keep Nurse, Rex, etc around. But we have to get better at winning the game within a game if we want to make any improvement.

Fwiw. An interesting analogy I heard used for Casey was that he was a great race car engineer/architect.... but just don't put him behind the wheel at high speeds under pressure, steering that machine.

Comment

• Woj has said we're keeping the roster intact. Lowry/DeMar/Ibaka are going nowhere.

Lame.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  Fwiw. An interesting analogy I heard used for Casey was that he was a great race car engineer/architect.... but just don't put him behind the wheel at high speeds under pressure, steering that machine.
                  I've always thought it was unfortunate that Casey's greatest strengths were the ones least visible, and his greatest weaknesses were the most. It has led to a lot of people assigning him no credit for the Raptors success and all the credit for their failures, despite that really not making sense based on the level of talent the Raptors have compared to their record and success.
                  That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Woj has said we're keeping the roster intact. Lowry/DeMar/Ibaka are going nowhere.

Lame.
                    JV is done

Comment

• If he's available Rick Carlisle is the guy for me imo. Kinda heartless to replace Casey with his former colleague, but man... Guy had success building defensive juggernauts in Dallas, Indiana and Detroit. Very good in-game manager. Neutralized Kobe in the finals with Indiana.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                        I've always thought it was unfortunate that Casey's greatest strengths were the ones least visible, and his greatest weaknesses were the most. It has led to a lot of people assigning him no credit for the Raptors success and all the credit for their failures, despite that really not making sense based on the level of talent the Raptors have compared to their record and success.
                        Yep. I think it's very unlikely another coach gets more than 59 wins out of this team. However in the playoffs they could theoretically be better if they make better adjustments.

Comment

• Ettore Messina
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Yep. I think it's very unlikely another coach gets more than 59 wins out of this team. However in the playoffs they could theoretically be better if they make better adjustments.
                            I'd rather have 48 wins, play possum and then break hearts of regular season pretenders in the playoffs by turning it up a notch.

Comment

Woj has said we're keeping the roster intact. Lowry/DeMar/Ibaka are going nowhere.

Lame.
                              The length of contract of whoever we hire will be telling. If it's four years for Bud I'm guessing we never rebuild under Masai.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                I'd rather have 48 wins, play possum and then break hearts of regular season pretenders in the playoffs by turning it up a notch.
                                So would I fucking obviously, I was just pointing out that Casey's skills lined up really well with regular season success: instituting a system, getting guys playing hard every night, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X