Potential Coaching Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    Like Bruce Springsteen, Udoka was Born in the USA. His Nigerian citizenship is through his father.
    Axel wrote: View Post
    But he is on the national team coaching staff, so it’s more than just a passport at this point. To think the two haven’t met and talked hoops before just seems incredibly unlikely.

Especially when a simple google search shows that they were both among the coaches at the 2015 Giants of Africa basketball camp.
    Yeah, they know each other from GOA. Seemed like the "Udoka is Nigerian, so they must know each other" needed some context. He always gets tagged as Nigerian/African, the guy was born in Portland and raised on the west coast.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      How much more is there to get out of DeMar and Lowry?
      Defensively for DD there is more to get.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        What about Lavar Ball?
        Lol do you want the other two ball brothers on this team?

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
          What about Lavar Ball?

Comment

• I would have liked Fizdale but alas...

Budenholzer please. His best asset is being Pops main asst. for a few years and has the Spurs ethos which I think Masai is on board with.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              Yeah, they know each other from GOA. Seemed like the "Udoka is Nigerian, so they must know each other" needed some context. He always gets tagged as Nigerian/African, the guy was born in Portland and raised on the west coast.
              He's still Nigerian also if that's his heritage...

Funny, people are quick to take that label off someone when they're successful, but I'm sure if Udoka were to blow up a building or something they would label him as Nigerian in the news.

I suppose OG isn't Nigerian either? Same goes for Oladipo or Giannis? Since none of them were born in Nigeria.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                Let's get a Lebron stopper.

Here are his playoff losses and the coach who beat him:

2006 - Lost to Detroit (Flip Saunders)
                2007 - Lost to Spurs (Pop)
                2008 - Lost to Celtics (Doc)
                2009 - Lost to Magic (SVG)
                2010 - Lost to Celtics (Doc)
                2011 - Lost to Maverics (Rick Carlisle)
                2014 - Lost to Spurs (Pop)
                2015 - Lost to Warriors (Kerr)
                2017 - Lost to Warriors (Kerr)

Rick Carlisle would be a huge get.
                Stan van gundy is on that list I want him

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                  He's still Nigerian also if that's his heritage...

Funny, people are quick to take that label off someone when they're successful, but I'm sure if Udoka were to blow up a building or something they would label him as Nigerian in the news.

I suppose OG isn't Nigerian either? Same goes for Oladipo or Giannis? Since none of them were born in Nigeria.
                  I really don’t see this direction going anywhere productive.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• How about this guy... he is helping the GSW currently... give him a call Masai...

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                      I would have liked Fizdale but alas...

Budenholzer please. His best asset is being Pops main asst. for a few years and has the Spurs ethos which I think Masai is on board with.
                      can we trade for Fizdale lol. 2nd rd pick and $3m in cash

Comment

• The thing is... would it really matters the way this team is constructed?! I highly doubt we beat the Cavs even if Pops was coaching this team.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          I really don’t see this direction going anywhere productive.
                          Then maybe the first comment shouldn't have been made.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            The thing is... would it really matters the way this team is constructed?! I highly doubt we beat the Cavs even if Pops was coaching this team.
                            I disagree

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                              Then maybe the first comment shouldn't have been made.
                              Not sure what comment you are referring. Saying that they are both Nigerian isn’t exactly inflammatory and I didn’t see anything else. Regardless, no point to keep discussing it xix.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                                The thing is... would it really matters the way this team is constructed?! I highly doubt we beat the Cavs even if Pops was coaching this team.
                                I'll settle for knowing our team is giving themselves the best chance possible to win. We have not been doing that under Casey since we lost the Brooklyn series.

Comment

Working...
                                X