Potential Coaching Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Bud also doesn't have a fucking clue against LeBron. And he had WAY better personnel than us to guard him with the ability to use Carroll, Millsap and Horford. Still got swept.
    I agree.. but on the other hand you could have said the exact same thing about Brad Stevens prior to Game 1 of the ECF this year.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      I agree.. but on the other hand you could have said the exact same thing about Brad Stevens prior to Game 1 of the ECF this year.
      Except he had nowhere near the talent............ and still won a game........

Comment

Except he had nowhere near the talent............ and still won a game........
        They had Brown, Rozier, Horford, Smart, Crowder, Green, Bradley, Olynyk, IT. Pretty scrappy, young team. Similar to this year's actually.

And the one win was when Lebron had the flu. I wish Lebron had the flu against us.. pretty sure we would have won that game too.

Comment

• Sorry we were talking about Atlanta/Bud. I'm sure Atlanta would have won a game if Lebron was sick.

Comment

They had Brown, Rozier, Horford, Smart, Crowder, Green, Bradley, Olynyk, IT. Pretty scrappy, young team. Similar to this year's actually.

And the one win was when Lebron had the flu. I wish Lebron had the flu against us.. pretty sure we would have won that game too.
            Brown improved a ton this year, as did Rozier and they didn't have Tatum. They also had IT who was a sieve defensively, which prevented them from playing the kind of D they did last night.

Comment

• Potential Coaching Candidates

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
              Brown improved a ton this year, as did Rozier and they didn't have Tatum. They also had IT who was a sieve defensively, which prevented them from playing the kind of D they did last night.
              They won a game where Marcus Smart of all people went 7/10 from 3 and Lebron was 4/13. IT wasn’t playing that game either.

Comment

• Rooting for Milwaukee and Bud thinking "a chance to coach Giannis, how can I pass that up"

Also rooting for Becky Hammon, because you know she's had to be twice as good as any dude to get where she is.

Comment

• Does no one realize these rumours are likely from Bud's side? Masai doesn't leak.

The rumours may be true, or Bud's leveraging the Raptors for a future deal involving the Bucks.

Woj on his podcast stated the Raptors are well-known for paying coaches well - meaning Bud is likely leveraging this detail (and Woj making it public) to get what he wants.

Comment

Bud also doesn't have a fucking clue against LeBron. And he had WAY better personnel than us to guard him with the ability to use Carroll, Millsap and Horford. Still got swept.
                    To me Bud is most counterintuive choice out there. The one guy that when presented with the same set of same circumstances (i.e. facing Lebron two years in a row in the post-season while having a solid regular season team to coach), had the same results as Casey (back-to-back sweeps).

Fingers crossed for Stackhouse or Messina.

Comment

• Comment

• Mike Budenholzer doesn't really do it for me. I thought we should've gotten Mike [D]Antoni after he got fired from NY.

Nurse seems like he has a good mind on O, might as well go with him. Have Stackhouse take over his position.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                          Rooting for Milwaukee and Bud thinking "a chance to coach Giannis, how can I pass that up"

Also rooting for Becky Hammon, because you know she's had to be twice as good as any dude to get where she is.
                          I think she might be good. AND it would bring a positive spin to our recent troubles.

Comment

Yeah not to happy about this Bud news. But on the other hand it emphasizes that Masai wants to keep this system they played last season. Bud is one of the best tacticians of that type of system in the league.
                            I would prefer a better game manager tbh. So important in the playoffs to have a coach that makes good, quick decisions.

Comment

• I didn't want him at first but I've warmed up to Bud as he's clearly the best candidate right now.

He'll probably go to Milwaukee though because we might be headed for a rebuild soon (which is why he left Atlanta) depending on how next season goes

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                                Mike Budenholzer doesn't really do it for me. I thought we should've gotten Mike [D]Antoni after he got fired from NY.

Nurse seems like he has a good mind on O, might as well go with him. Have Stackhouse take over his position.
                                Defence is the issue with this team, not offence. And thr fact that their two stars always disappear in the playoffs.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X