Potential Coaching Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Defense has always been an issue. Don't you remember our infamous scramble defense?
    yeah that was Amir - Patterson plus Vasquez and Lou year. Next year we got Biz, Cory Jo and assistant coach Greer who brought ICE defense.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      every year it's a new story. One year it's offense another year it's defense.
      My story has always been the same: Casey.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        yeah that was Amir - Patterson plus Vasquez and Lou year. Next year we got Biz, Cory Jo and assistant coach Greer who brought ICE defense.
        Our defense was ranked 11th that year (10th in the playoffs). Not exactly stellar.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
          My story has always been the same: Casey.
          you weren't wrong

Comment

I didn't want him at first but I've warmed up to Bud as he's clearly the best candidate right now.

He'll probably go to Milwaukee though because we might be headed for a rebuild soon (which is why he left Atlanta) depending on how next season goes
            All the more reason to promote from within. The successful candidate would fully understand the urgency of the next 2 years.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
              Top 5 in the first half of the season. Defense fell off big time in the second half.
              It was top 5 by the end of the season...

Atlanta was 6th.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                It was top 5 by the end of the season...

Atlanta was 6th.
                and 2nd the year after

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                  All the more reason to promote from within. The successful candidate would fully understand the urgency of the next 2 years.
                  It would be a little too much pressure for a first time HC though. That's why Bud is probably the best option available

Comment

and 2nd the year after
                    Yeah and 22nd in offence with only 48 wins.

I don't want Budenholzer here. It's more of the same.

Most of you guys thought the system was great going into the playoffs and we got smoked as I said. We need a long-term young coach and a rebuild.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                      Yeah and 22nd in offence with only 48 wins.

I don't want Budenholzer here. It's more of the same.

Most of you guys thought the system was great going into the playoffs and we got smoked as I said. We need a long-term young coach and a rebuild.
                      That's what happens when no one on the roster can create their own shot.

Bud is a big upgrade over Casey, anyone could tell you that.

Comment

• Not happy that the Bucks are also in hot pursuit of Budenholzer. Other than higher salary we can't beat their offer, and I'm not sure the Bucks wouldn't pay him whatever he wants.

If the Bucks get Bud, they are going to get a lot better and be a perennial top 5 team in the East. Having a terrible coach was the only thing holding them down.

If we don't get Bud I hope we go all in on Messina, he's by far the most ready of all the Assistant coaches out there.

Comment

• I heard the Bucks were offering up an ownership stake? That's going to be tough to top if true.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                            I heard the Bucks were offering up an ownership stake? That's going to be tough to top if true.

Comment

• For everyone scared about getting Bud, think about this, hard:

Jeff Teague.

Kyle Korver.

Demarre Carroll.

Paul Milsap.

Al Horford.

A bench you've already forgotten.

That is NOT 60 wins. But - it was 60 wins.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                                Not happy that the Bucks are also in hot pursuit of Budenholzer. Other than higher salary we can't beat their offer, and I'm not sure the Bucks wouldn't pay him whatever he wants.

If the Bucks get Bud, they are going to get a lot better and be a perennial top 5 team in the East. Having a terrible coach was the only thing holding them down.

If we don't get Bud I hope we go all in on Messina, he's by far the most ready of all the Assistant coaches out there.
                                Both the Bucks and Raptors jobs are a bit of a trap.

The Bucks don't have much of anything surrounding Giannis. Their second best player is Khris Middleton, who's a 3 and D guy who only plays so-so D. In terms of ball-handlers, that team is very very shaky. And the expectations are that the coach will just go in there, fix all their problems, and convince Giannis this is a long term championship team.

The Raptors are slightly less of a trap in my opinion, but they are expected to compete for an Eastern Conference finals when their best player is borderline top 20. They've got a ton of nice pieces that fit well together (unless they're playing the Cavs) but no one to really rise to the occasion and take over a game. It's the opposite of the Bucks problem. They just fired a Coach after he's going to finish first or second in a coach of the year race. And if the team doesn't perform, even if you don't get fired you'll most likely end up presiding over a rebuild.

That said, both jobs are better than those Pistons and Magic jobs.
                                That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Working...
                                X