Potential Coaching Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    Yeah, LeBron telling Patrick Patterson where to line up is a pretty big tell that the article wasn’t about this past season.

The offence was good this year, including playoffs. The defence, the preparation, the mental awareness (knowing the situation and being ready for it) - those are the things that we failed on.
    Ok cool but watching the raptors this year I wasn’t feeling like that’s how you run a play, great, back screen, great cut. Great counter. There is too much dribbling in our system which granted is less than last year but it’s no where near impressive.

Comment

• Has Masai interviewd an external candidate yet?
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• He better have. If he comes out of this process with a promotion to one of the assistants to HC, it will look like yet another massive failure of the Raptors to be a legitimate threat to any of the contenders.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          He better have. If he comes out of this process with a promotion to one of the assistants to HC, it will look like yet another massive failure of the Raptors to be a legitimate threat to any of the contenders.
          Or it shows he has set up a culture of developing internally. I over reacted when he replaced a very good bench with unproven rookie contract guys, going to wait and see what happens on this. I'm probably fine with whoever Masai picks.

Comment

• Offense wasnt the issue in the playoffs. A blind man could tell that it was the defense that was the issue.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
              Here is the thing we already seen nurse offense I am not impressed. Stackhouse should be getting interest from Detroit where he has history but he is not that gives me pause. He also was one of the players Larry brown got rid of before their championship run. Chancey billups was the coach on the floor for the best defensive team in nba history. If I remember correct finals MVP. Raheed Wallace is someone I would like to pair with billups as a assistant.

Messina is the only other tactician Coach on the market I know about. I have a feeling MU is going to pull a Bruno as this is his first time picking a coach.
              Wtf... Rasheed Wallace as an assistant coach...

Comment

• Wow, nothing gets leaked by this front office. Either they have made up their minds to promote someone or they are holding secret interviews.

I'm in the hire outside of the organization camp. So, I hope they are out meeting with perspective candidates.

On another note, if I was the Jeff Weltman I would hire Dwane Casey as the Magic's next head coach. You are familiar with him, he's great a developing players and a team. They are in a similar position as we were when he hired.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                  Wow, nothing gets leaked by this front office. Either they have made up their minds to promote someone or they are holding secret interviews.

I'm in the hire outside of the organization camp. So, I hope they are out meeting with perspective candidates.

On another note, if I was the Jeff Weltman I would hire Dwane Casey as the Magic's next head coach. You are familiar with him, he's great a developing players and a team. They are in a similar position as we were when he hired.
                  Masai did say he has a list of like 50 coaches he would be interviewing.

Comment

• On reason the coaching search might be quiet is that there are four teams still playing, and our future coach might be on the staff of one of them. i.e, Boston.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
                      On reason the coaching search might be quiet is that there are four teams still playing, and our future coach might be on the staff of one of them. i.e, Boston.
                      Yup, or Golden State since that is an offence we try to emmulate

Comment

• So Kerr or Stevens?

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                          Wtf... Rasheed Wallace as an assistant coach...
                          Well, we'd definitely set a record for "most technical fouls committed by an assistant coach."

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                            Well, we'd definitely set a record for "most technical fouls committed by an assistant coach."
                            He was in Orlando for a bit I am not being serious on him but would be nice to have that mentality. Chancey billups I am very serious on I think he was being looked at for GM jobs

Comment

• at the end of the day get the raps I real shooting guard. A point guard that can hit the open 3 and everyone be able to play 1 v 1 defence. Hiding players like derozan is not working. It’s not hard to score 100 pts in this league with the right coach

Every body wants up tempo cause it’s fun to watch. Slow the game down. Half court set ppl to death. Curry can score 40 a night well run him through screen after screen slow his ass down make him work both ends. The tactician mentality is dead in the nba I would like to see those days come back
                              Last edited by grindhouse; Tue May 22, 2018, 09:14 PM.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                Yup, or Golden State since that is an offence we try to emmulate
                                Mike Brown for the win...

Comment

Working...
                                X