Potential Coaching Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tDotted wrote: View Post
    I didn't want him at first but I've warmed up to Bud as he's clearly the best candidate right now.

He'll probably go to Milwaukee though because we might be headed for a rebuild soon (which is why he left Atlanta) depending on how next season goes
    Rather have him than any of the assistant coaches. What this team need is a NEW voice.

But if i'm Coach Bud i'd choose Milwaukee.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Defence is the issue with this team, not offence. And thr fact that their two stars always disappear in the playoffs.
      Think about it... offense is our best strength. Defense is bad. "So we half the defense and double the offense", as Mike D puts it.

Also we would be shooting 3s and making layups all day. No more crappy offensive plays. Only 1 play: PnR up top, spread everyone else on the floor.

Comment

• I definitely pick MIL if I'm Bud. Way more potential and room for growth. And a superstar in place.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
          Think about it... offense is our best strength. Defense is bad. "So we half the defense and double the offense", as Mike D puts it.

Also we would be shooting 3s and making layups all day. No more crappy offensive plays. Only 1 play: PnR up top, spread everyone else on the floor.
          Houston's got some really good defensive players like Paul, Ariza, Capela, Tucker, Mbah a Moute. And Harden has picked up his defense this year. They are a top 6 defensive team in the regular season.

You still need defense to win in the playoffs. Unless your the Cavs and are playing the Raptors.

Comment

Defence is the issue with this team, not offence. And thr fact that their two stars always disappear in the playoffs.
            every year it's a new story. One year it's offense another year it's defense.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

I don't know how to take this tweet. He's the focus of their coaching search or they are trying to get an interview with him?

Masai knows that he can't fire another coach if things don't go well. The next person to get fired is most likely himself, so if he wants to tie his future to Budenholzer then so be it. I'm sure he's done his homework.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                Defense has always been an issue. Don't you remember our infamous scramble defense?

Comment

Rather have him than any of the assistant coaches. What this team need is a NEW voice.

But if i'm Coach Bud i'd choose Milwaukee.
                  Yeah I would be extremely disappointed if we promote one of the assistants. If we're going to go with someone with no experience as HC, it should be from someone on the outside looking in on this team. Fresh voice and a fresh set of eyes/opinions

Comment

Yupppp

Remember after losing to the Nets we needed more weapons so we got Lou.

Then the defense wasn't good enough so we got Carroll and Cojo

Comment

Nah it's always been the D + how their stars always disappear in the playoffs.

They changed their offense this past season because Lowry and DeRozan disappeared in the playoffs last year.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Bud coached a top ranked defense with a starting backcourt of Teague/Korver

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                          Bud coached a top ranked defense with a starting backcourt of Teague/Korver
                          Casey coached a top ranked defense with a starting pairing of DeRozan/Valanciunas.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                            Casey coached a top ranked defense with a starting pairing of DeRozan/Valanciunas.
                            But their top 5 D this past season was non existent against top 10 ranked offense.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Top 5 in the first half of the season. Defense fell off big time in the second half.

Comment

Yupppp

Remember after losing to the Nets we needed more weapons so we got Lou.

Then the defense wasn't good enough so we got Carroll and Cojo
                                Yeah I don't know. what everybody else remembers. but we had Vasques and Lou and our perimeter defense sucked so they got CoryJo, Carroll, Biz to improve our defense. Then it was about role players bricking everything so they got rid of Patterson, Carroll. Now it's back to defense.
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X