Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
    When was the coaching COTY voted on?

Because other than trying to support one of their own who looked like he might potentially be fired, I'll never understand how Brad Stevens doesn't get a single vote after the season he had, missing two of his top players for substantial periods while Casey had Lowry, DD and JV for substantially the entire season.

Not really asking how Casey won it but how did Stevens get sooooooooo entirely shafted?
    Cause if your a coach in the league then it means you probably had to grind it out being an assistant coach for a long time then a coach. So basically it's an old boys club, so any hot shot young guys who didn't grind it out for many years will be looked lesser then others by the current coaches. Well that's just my theory anyways.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
      Cause if your a coach in the league then it means you probably had to grind it out being an assistant coach for a long time then a coach. So basically it's an old boys club, so any hot shot young guys who didn't grind it out for many years will be looked lesser then others by the current coaches. Well that's just my theory anyways.
      Apparently there are 2 different versions of the coach of the year award. The one Casey won was voted on by other coaches. The real one is voted on by the media and hasn't been announced yet.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        Apparently there are 2 different versions of the coach of the year award. The one Casey won was voted on by other coaches. The real one is voted on by the media and hasn't been announced yet.
        The problem with the media, is they too would rather have a feel good story then actual merit which won't surprise me if Casey wins that too.

Comment

• Been watching vids on some of these coaches I like that bud heavily uses the triangle but has the ability to create his own version. He talks a lot about multi options on offense.

Messina always has multi options on offense.

Listen back to Larry brown and the pistons dynasty one in one defence was a huge part of his team construction.

I always believe in 1 v 1 defence and have a good system on offence. As long as we have a shooting guard that can come off screens and players that can sets good screens the team should be fine as long as everyone hits their open shots.
          Thoughts

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
            Been watching vids on some of these coaches I like that bud heavily uses the triangle but has the ability to create his own version. He talks a lot about multi options on offense.

Listen back to Larry brown and the pistons dynasty one in one defence was a huge part of his team construction.

I always believe in 1 v 1 defence and have a good system on offence. As long as we have a shooting guard that can come off screens and players that can sets good screens the team should be fine as long as everyone hits their open shots.
            Thoughts
            Yah basically we’ll win most of the time if we score more than the other team. Ideally I want a coach who can make sure we don’t let the other team score, and make sure that we score.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
              Been watching vids on some of these coaches I like that bud heavily uses the triangle but has the ability to create his own version. He talks a lot about multi options on offense.

Thoughts
              Defending in 2004 vs. now is a whole different ball game. 1 on 1 defense was more important then because teams played way more isolation basketball. Now team defense has become the focal point.

Comment

When was the coaching COTY voted on?

Because other than trying to support one of their own who looked like he might potentially be fired, I'll never understand how Brad Stevens doesn't get a single vote after the season he had, missing two of his top players for substantial periods while Casey had Lowry, DD and JV for substantially the entire season.

Not really asking how Casey won it but how did Stevens get sooooooooo entirely shafted?
                It might have something to do with the fact that every time the Celtics visit a team, there is the inevitable article containing the words “genius coach Brad Stevens”, from the hometown writers. He should just officially change his name to Genius Brad Stevens. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• If we do rebuild, which is what I want, I want Becky Hammon as HC.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                    If we do rebuild, which is what I want, I want Becky Hammon as HC.
                    Don't know anything about her, but as someone has already pointed out, to come into the league and still be here she probably has to be better than almost any male candidate.

I will trust Masai on this one.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                      If we do rebuild, which is what I want, I want Becky Hammon as HC.
                      Why? Is she known as a good player development coach?

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                        Don't know anything about her, but as someone has already pointed out, to come into the league and still be here she probably has to be better than almost any male candidate.

I will trust Masai on this one.
                        Not necessarily if a team or Head Coach is intent on showing how "progressive" they are ....

Comment

Not necessarily if a team or Head Coach is intent on showing how "progressive" they are ....
                          Pau Gasol literally wrote an entire article for the Players' Tribune about how Hammon is the real deal. How often do players write glowing testimonials about their coaches?

Comment

• I am really surprised that they are conducting a coaching search. I assumed that they wouldn't fire Casey without having someone in hand. I wonder how much Casey wanting an extension played into the decision to fire him now.

Perhaps, they are just going through the motions (don't want to tick off the in-house guys, use the opportunity to talk to some other teams coaches, etc.) but this does not fill me with confidence.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                              I am really surprised that they are conducting a coaching search. I assumed that they wouldn't fire Casey without having someone in hand. I wonder how much Casey wanting an extension played into the decision to fire him now.

Perhaps, they are just going through the motions (don't want to tick off the in-house guys, use the opportunity to talk to some other teams coaches, etc.) but this does not fill me with confidence.
                              Optics of firing Casey and replacing him right away would have been awful. Not saying this is all for show, but they may still have someone in mind.

Comment

• Messina meeting with Bucks ownership. Hopefully Masai can set up a meeting.

Comment

Working...
                                X