Potential Coaching Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Optics of firing Casey and replacing him right away would have been awful. Not saying this is all for show, but they may still have someone in mind.
    Stackhouse is probably the fallback plan, but yeah, that would look like a back-stab move by Stack if he got announced too quick. Casey has a lot of friends around the league and in the media.

Comment

• Rick Pitino is apparently still available...as is Kevin Ollie....

Casey prolly has a couple three choices in mind..or he wouldn’t on a whim fire Casey....
      Since Bud pulled his candidacy from Phoenix he is likely one ...and the others ..unless they get hired will likely remain a guess ...might be fair to say that both Nurse and Kalamian if a new guy comes in will also be absent from next year’s choir.
      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue May 15, 2018, 01:50 PM.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          Rick Pitino is apparently still available...
          Can he coach from jail though?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            Can he coach from jail though?
            Him and Meek Mill will be doing the basketball version of the longest yard...
            - TGO

Comment

• I'm just waiting to see who we hire. I won't care about rumours/speculation until I see something official.

Just one question: If we do hire from within, and it's Rex who gets the job over Nurse...... will people be pissed?
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                Stackhouse is probably the fallback plan, but yeah, that would look like a back-stab move by Stack if he got announced too quick. Casey has a lot of friends around the league and in the media.
                If he hires Stackhouse then I think he has to move Lowry...
                Stackhouse won’t put up with the petulance or coach around it like Dwane did..it will be a fist fight in the parking lot.
                Lowry to Minny for wiggins..Freddy backfills..and Demar will play defense for Jerry
                - TGO

Comment

Why? Is she known as a good player development coach?
                  I could be wrong, but I think I remember reading a while ago that she started primarily as a player development coach on their staff and her responsibilities gradually increased from there.

Either way it shouldn't matter in the decision making process.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• To anyone who watched 905 games: How good is Stack as a game manager? Does he make good, quick adjustments in games? How good are out of timeout plays?

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                      To anyone who watched 905 games: How good is Stack as a game manager? Does he make good, quick adjustments in games? How good are out of timeout plays?
                      No sure, but I question how coaching the G-League translates to the NBA. If coaches coming up from college to NBA are any indication then you really don't know how good/bad a coach you are getting until they get thrown into the fire.

Comment

No sure, but I question how coaching the G-League translates to the NBA. If coaches coming up from college to NBA are any indication then you really don't know how good/bad a coach you are getting until they get thrown into the fire.
                        I think it's a far better correlation than college, probably about on the level of international ball.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                          I'm just waiting to see who we hire. I won't care about rumours/speculation until I see something official.

Just one question: If we do hire from within, and it's Rex who gets the job over Nurse...... will people be pissed?
                          I for one would.

Nurse must have played a big part of the culture reset offensively and implemented a ball movement offence which not only worked incredibly well in the regular season, but also held up in the playoffs along with against elite competition.

Rex designed a defence which was unable to hide its weak links, disappeared in the playoffs, and was never existent in the first place against elite opposition.

Comment

• https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...s-Over-Raptors

Mike Budenolzer is believed to prefer the head coaching vacancy with the Milwaukee Bucks over the Toronto Raptors.

Budenholzer was a candidate for the vacancies with the Phoenix Suns and New York Knicks this offseason.

Budenholzer and the Hawks parted ways after he interviewed with the Suns. The Hawks reportedly owe Budenholzer more than $14 million, which would be at least partially off-set based on his new contract.
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Should not be a surprise if he chose to coach a top 5 player in the league (3 more yrs on his contract I hear) and a relatively young and talented team.

Comment

• Here is the full quote from Stein, he was answering a fan Q&A.

Q: Who do you think would make the best coaching choice for the Bucks? — Don Sauberan (Lincoln, Neb.)

STEIN: The question Don is really asking is: Who will win the Mike Budenholzer sweepstakes?

Milwaukee is believed to be the job Budenholzer wants most, but let's see. After multiple meetings with both the Bucks and the Raptors, Budenholzer could well have preferences that outsiders aren't privy to at this point.

The Raptors are the more stable organization and are known as the more willing spenders. But the Bucks have Giannis Antetokounmpo on their roster.

Getting this hire right is critical for Milwaukee, because the Bucks have to start winning in the playpffs to ensure that The Greek Freak — for as much as he openly loves Milwaukee — has reason to keep loving it. It's also fair to wonder how Budenholzer's system reputation would mesh with Antetokounmpo's improvisational nature.

We should know soon if it's Milwaukee or Toronto, but I can't call it yet. The only near-certain winner at this stage is the Atlanta, which owes Budenholzer an estimated $14 million-plus and want to see him get a new job more than anyone to let someone else pick up that tab.

Another great question: Where do Milwaukee or Toronto turn — especially the Raptors — if they don't land Budenholzer? That's even less clear.

Comment

Working...
                                X