Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    patiently waiting for "Everything...." thread
    Quickly followed by the "#Fire...." thread.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      Quickly followed by the "#Fire...." thread.
      #FireEverything
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I just want to know what Christian's opinion is on the Casey firing and DeRozan's performance against CLE. Haven't heard much from him.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          I just want to know what Christian's opinion is on the Casey firing and DeRozan's performance against CLE. Haven't heard much from him.
          ..... add Casey > Brad Stevens to that list.

Poor Scraptor, man. He's got to wear that "Christian was right about everything" sig for a year. lol.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            dude you're like the only one who has that issue.
            "dude" it's a joke relax

Comment

I just want to know what Christian's opinion is on the Casey firing and DeRozan's performance against CLE. Haven't heard much from him.
              LOL he's hiding
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                LOL he's hiding
                To be fair he wasn't really around going into the playoffs either.

Can't imagine he's happy with either though.

Comment

• Wonder if Masai will go after Darren Erman from the Pelicans.

Masai was interested in him a couple years ago when he got hired from the Celtics by the Pelicans, but the Celtics denied Masai an interview/meeting with him.

He's a defensive-minded coach who's actually good at defence - came up with the defensive gameplay against the Blazers to lock up their backcourt, which Lillard said he'd never seen before. He's also a good player development coach.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                    Wonder if Masai will go after Darren Erman from the Pelicans.

Masai was interested in him a couple years ago when he got hired from the Celtics by the Pelicans, but the Celtics denied Masai an interview/meeting with him.

He's a defensive-minded coach who's actually good at defence - came up with the defensive gameplay against the Blazers to lock up their backcourt, which Lillard said he'd never seen before. He's also a good player development coach.
                    Well I don't know really anything about Darren Erman, but I certainly don't want to hire someone for a defensive scheme used in one playoff series. Sounds a bit too familiar.

If he is legitimately a potentially great coach, awesome.

A quick google search also showed he got fired from the Warriors for recording conversations as an assistant, with speculation he may have spied on things for the front office. He also got minor shit in New Orleans for giving Steph Curry a high five after making a shot against the Pels. Seems like a weird dude.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      Well I don't know really anything about Darren Erman, but I certainly don't want to hire someone for a defensive scheme used in one playoff series. Sounds a bit too familiar.

If he is legitimately a potentially great coach, awesome.

A quick google search also showed he got fired from the Warriors for recording conversations as an assistant, with speculation he may have spied on things for the front office. He also got minor shit in New Orleans for giving Steph Curry a high five after making a shot against the Pels. Seems like a weird dude.
                      He's a pretty highly regarded assistant coach. Worked for the Celtics during the big 3 dynasty.

Was Casey specifically said to have been the mastermind the defence for the Mavs in the '11 run? I actually don't remember anything explicitly coming out along those lines.

Erman being given credit for the gameplay against the Blazers is official, but he's also been given a lot of credit from Stevens himself when Erman returned to the Celtics for a year after his Warriors stint (he actually got hired the day after he got fired).

The Warriors spying thing was under Jackson, and I believe it was a response to the wacky things Jackson was doing in that last year he was coach. The Warriors improved from 27th to 14th to 4th in defence during his stint, worked with Klay especially as Klay wasn't actually known for his defence when he was drafted. Pelicans have also gone from a bottom of the league defence to a top 10 defence - Erman is outwardly expressed as their defensive coordinator.

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...ailed-defense/ - article on Erman's defense.

Anyway, I don't think he's a likely candidate and I'd rather have Messina/Nurse/Udoka. But I think it's interesting that Masai had wanted to interview him back then.

EDIT: Apparently Erman was recording Jackson because he was worried that Jackson was poisoning his relationships with players - this is from Zach Lowe. LINK: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/ma...tate-warriors/

Also, Zach Lowe mentioned that despite the incident, teams were fighting over Erman as soon as he was fired.

Another article about Brad Stevens's praise of Erman, plus some other stuff about him. http://www.masslive.com/celtics/inde...out_new_b.html

Think I may have gone a little too in-depth lol.
                      Last edited by Mindlessness; Fri May 18, 2018, 01:01 AM.

Comment

• I wonder if Masai will hire a coach before the draft or after. And on top of that.. does he make a decision on the coach before he looks at his roster (*cough* DeRozan or Lowry *cough*) which really could mean the same thing (Norm's value will be at its peak during the draft for example).

It feels like Masai wants the team to play a certain way (hence that culture talk last year, and the looking into Bud this year). But on the other hand he also likes to pick guys that suits his coach's strengths.

Looking forward to any kind of news. And we really should be looking away from Nurse/Rex (especially Rex). Need a brand new voice in that locker room.

Comment

• RE: Erman...if you’re looking for a good basketball book Woj wrote “The Miracle at St Anthony” about Bobby Hurley Sr and that program.
                          Erman quit a successful job and slept on a friends coach in New Jersey to be Bobby Hurley’s assistant. Great book.

I don’t think he’s in the running for the raptors job but I’ve heard good things about him. Mark Jackson is an idiot.
                          Last edited by Rudy Bargnani; Fri May 18, 2018, 06:41 AM.

Comment

I thought I was the only one thinking this.
                            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

He is a broken man now

Comment

• Nurse with that Erman guy as his assistant could maybe be interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X