Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the ringers "trades we'd like to see happen" column

Rick Carlisle to Toronto for a 2020 First-Round Pick

Kevin O’Connor: A report earlier this month said that Mavericks head coach Rick Carlisle had interest in coaching the Bucks, which Carlisle called “completely inaccurate” and team owner Mark Cuban said is “absurd.” That’s nice. But it wouldn’t change the fact that if I were Raptors president Masai Ujiri, I’d still make a call about Carlisle’s availability.

Coaches have been traded before. In 2013, the Clippers traded a 2015 first-round pick to the Celtics for Doc Rivers. In 2007, the Heat dealt Stan Van Gundy to the Magic for two second-round picks. Coaches in other sports—Bill Belichick, Lou Piniella, and Michel Bergeron—have also been traded. The Raptors already interviewed Mike Budenholzer, who ultimately signed with the Bucks, and Jerry Stackhouse, who coaches their G League team, but neither of them (or any other coach on the market) has Carlisle’s experience and skill.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Mike Brown is pretty interesting, actually.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
        Mike Brown is pretty interesting, actually.
        As interesting as dropping a cement block on your foot.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          In the ringers "trades we'd like to see happen" column
          There is no way we can give up future 1sts with this team. We could be looking to tank aggressively in 2019-20.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
            There is no way we can give up future 1sts with this team. We could be looking to tank aggressively in 2019-20.
            Yeah, Carlisle is a great coach but this is not a selling future 1sts core right now. Only do that for a superstar.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              As interesting as dropping a cement block on your foot.
              Do you have anything to support your argument?

Mike Brown has great experience, I would be pretty excited if the Raptors get him.

He has spoken at Sloan. Worked with several of the best coaches in the game. Both coached and defeated LeBron.

He is currently lead assistant for the defending champions.

What's not to like?

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
                Do you have anything to support your argument?

Mike Brown has great experience, I would be pretty excited if the Raptors get him.

He has spoken at Sloan. Worked with several of the best coaches in the game. Both coached and defeated LeBron.

He is currently lead assistant for the defending champions.

What's not to like?
                Mike Brown.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                  Mike Brown.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    In the ringers "trades we'd like to see happen" column
                    So my ridiculous suggestion from like before Casey was fired isn't so absurd? Or are these people just talking out of their ass?

Comment

• Here are the coaches who have hired Mike Brown to join their staff.

- Bernie Bickerstaff
                      - Gregg Popovich
                      - Rick Carlisle
                      - Phil Jackson
                      - Steve Kerr

Brown's record as an assistant coach is 341 – 201 (.629).

As a head coach his record is 347 - 216 (.616)

Note he has coached half his games as a head coach, and that is not counting the times he served as head coach for Golden State while Kerr was out with back issues.

As a head coach he has only missed the playoffs twice in 8 seasons, and has never lost in the first round.

He has been to the finals four times, once as a head coach, where lost to Popovich and the Spurs in 2007 (coaching LeBron). and three times as an Assistent, Losing it with Popovich in 2000, winning it with Popovich in 2003 and with Kerr in 2017 (yes, Last year, defeating LeBron James) during wich he was acting head coach, as Kerr was out.

He won coach of the year 2009.

He is only 48 years old.

Here is a panel he was on at Sloan.

Also, his nickname is "Mr. Potato Head"

I would love to have Mike Brown!

“He’s a really creative coach. He likes to think the game,” Gregg Popovich said of Brown. “He likes to think out of the box. He likes wine. That was enough for me. He’s a really enjoyable guy.”
                      Last edited by Quirk; Wed May 23, 2018, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• Honestly Mike Brown gets a bad rap. He actually probably is a very good HC.

Comment

• I like the post about Mike Brown, and he probably has been underrated due to his LeBron stint but I honestly don’t know how we could hire a coach with the nickname “Mr Potato Head”
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• everytime I think about Mike Brown I remember this vid lol "Give me one more chance Kobe"
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

everytime I think about Mike Brown I remember this vid lol "Give me one more chance Kobe"
                              lmaoooooo this is classic

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                I like the post about Mike Brown, and he probably has been underrated due to his LeBron stint but I honestly don’t know how we could hire a coach with the nickname “Mr Potato Head”

Comment

Working...
                                X