No announcement yet.

Why has Tross Regressed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Ross would be best utilized as a catch and shoot 3pt shooter, and to play defense, as many have already said in this thread. We should be trying to make him into Bruce Bowen, as he has the skill set to get there. Ball handling and driving to the hole are not strengths of Ross.

I'd also say he hasn't regressed so much as plateaued. His stats are almost identical to last season.

Comment

Even if you replace regression with plateauing, it's still a head scratcher at this stage of his career. It's not like he came out after his senior year either.

At that age he should be able to get better. Tape/scouting is probably a factor, as is his confidence/psyche.
      your pal,
      ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
        Even if you replace regression with plateauing, it's still a head scratcher at this stage of his career. It's not like he came out after his senior year either.

At that age he should be able to get better. Tape/scouting is probably a factor, as is his confidence/psyche.
        Danny Green was a 4 year college player, and he didn't see NBA minutes until his 3rd season. Green's stats have been more or less the same since his 3rd season when he started getting minutes. Green was given a defined role and SA has stuck to it, turning Green into a very valuable player. We should look to emulate that path with Ross, instead of expecting him to do a bunch of stuff he's not able to do.

Comment

Surprise, another player in this organization who is told to develop something that has absolutely no bearing on them being a good NBA player
          Interesting. So you saw the plan the coaching staff and management gave to Ross going into the offseason that specified which parts of his game to work on? Cool. What else did it say? Also, you've seen other reports? Of players being told to work on stuff that has no bearing on their game? Which ones? When? What were they told to work on that had no bearing on being good at basketball?

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
            Danny Green was a 4 year college player, and he didn't see NBA minutes until his 3rd season. Green's stats have been more or less the same since his 3rd season when he started getting minutes. Green was given a defined role and SA has stuck to it, turning Green into a very valuable player. We should look to emulate that path with Ross, instead of expecting him to do a bunch of stuff he's not able to do.
            I'd also like to note Danny Green played a good bit in the D-League to gain experience while he wasn't getting NBA minutes his first few years. Further underscoring our need for a D-League team.

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
              Shit ... if you're that good, I might start taking up gambling as a habit.
              Nah man. I dont gamble. I've never done so in my entire life. I think it's a horrible waste of time, and money. Think about those who are penniless. Just my opinion.

If i'm a gambler i probably would be a millionaire by now
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                Nah man. I dont gamble. I've never done so in my entire life. I think it's a horrible waste of time, and money. Think about those who are penniless. Just my opinion.

If you know you're right it's not gambling.

Comment

I sports gamble every now and then for fun, like $5-$40 each time, so no big deal if I lose. Have more or less maintained a $200 account balance for about 8 years now. Cashed out once after some big parlay wins in the NCAA tournament about 4 years ago. Don't know what gambling has to do with penniless people, it's just something you spend/risk money on for fun. I'm sure you pay money for stuff you think is fun too (that video game/movie/concert is not helping penniless people either). I don't bet on the Raps though since I can't bring myself to bet against them, and betting on them would result in a lot of money lost.

Comment

Meh. Like i care lol.

I talk REALITY not FANTASY. Most people here live in a fantasy world when it comes to the Raptors young players. And in basketball in general.

"Ross is the future SG of the team"

"I wouldn't trade Ross for Wall"

"Ross is a better SG than DeRozan"

"Bruno and Bebe should both be in the rotation. Both of them should get 5 mins a game"

Now those are the people that i can't take seriously.
                    Confidence like this in someone who is almost always wrong is a rare thing. Don't take that as a compliment.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                      ignorance like this in someone who is almost always wrong is a rare thing. Don't take that as a compliment.
                      Fixed that for you

Comment

T.Ross will have this play off to prove himself and the next season. He does not turn it around, he will find himself on the same team in NBA as Joey Graham is.

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
                          T.Ross will have this play off to prove himself and the next season. He does not turn it around, he will find himself on the same team in NBA as Joey Graham is.
                          This is like groundhog day. Your expressed sentiment was quite the same last year before the Nets series. And if I may pull a percentage out of my rear end...him being just 10-15% better on off & def the Raps win that series in 6 I believe. And I think he knew it too...it crushed him. It is so infuriating because he has all the tools...but strong will? That requires psychoanalysis at least but I am sure that's against the code.

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
                            That's not a good comparison. There will be a team fitting Terrence Ross in their rotation for the next 10 years. He shoots 42% from long range. Period.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              That's not a good comparison. There will be a team fitting Terrence Ross in their rotation for the next 10 years. He shoots 42% from long range. Period.
                              I agree. It's a totally different situation. Teams will be lining up to sign TRoss if we don't.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                                Sophomore slump. It's a term often used for high end rookies who get loads of minutes their first year and have some success, then get scouted the next year and have to learn, probably for the first time, to counter a scouting report. Rookie wall happens too, but that's a stamina thing. This is the sophomore slump.

And yes, I know he's not a sophomore. But he barely played his first year. Last year he got big minutes on a playoff team, and the playoffs were the first time he'd been heavily scouted and he struggled. Same goes for this year. I expect him to return to form defensively next season. And when used properly he is still the floor-spacing weapon he was last year.
                                Dan hit it on the head

he'd be a million times more effective running screens and whatnot

the defense dropoff is much more concerning imho
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X