Why has Tross Regressed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Novak couldn't consistently get looks in this offense either and took the most 2 pt FGA in his career under Casey. 2Pats has trouble integrating too. Unless a player can take threes off a dribble they won't get consistent looks. Sporadic opportunities doesn't create consistent shooting
    Novak sucked everywhere else except in D'Antoni's system. And his biggest knock is not his offense but his defense and rebounding.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      Novak sucked everywhere else except in D'Antoni's system. And his biggest knock is not his offense but his defense and rebounding.
      Novak does nothing but shoot threes and he made a 9 year career in the NBA on one skill with coaches other than D'Antoni. He is a terrible one dimensional player but he was rebounding and defending the post in Toronto as a PF. The offense having no set plays or team practicing offense shows in how Novak played.

Comment

Novak couldn't consistently get looks in this offense either and took the most 2 pt FGA in his career under Casey. 2Pats has trouble integrating too. Unless a player can take threes off a dribble they won't get consistent looks. Sporadic opportunities doesn't create consistent shooting
        Shooting is all about flow.

Casey has never been able to get any consistent looks for shooters - hence why all of our shooters (not just Ross) have been inconsistent

We really need to see Ross in a new system

Comment

He's just not that good.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
            Why do people even evaluate Ross on his ability to get to the free throw line?

That's like Duncan wasn't a good PF because he doesn't shoot threes.

Shit, just realize what he is supposed to do and evaluate him based on that.
            Same reason you rate demar on his ability to shoot threes.

Maybe you should evaluate demar based on how he hits free throws and evaluate him based on that.
            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Lol nope, Novak took the least amount of 2 pointers in his career as a raptors. Not sure where your getting your info. And Novak was still shooting 426 from three with 2.7 attempts per game. Maybe it was I spite of Casey, maybe not, but you are making up facts at this point...

And batman was doing terrible in Sacramento. He didn't start hitting threes until he came to canada.
              Last edited by yabadabayolo; Mon Apr 6, 2015, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                Lol nope, Novak took the least amount of 2 pointers in his career as a raptors. Not sure where your getting your info.

And batman was doing terrible in Sacramento. He didn't start hitting threes until he came to canada.
                He took the most non 3 pt shots as a % of all shot while in Toronto.

Comment

Lol nope, Novak took the least amount of 2 pointers in his career as a raptors. Not sure where your getting your info. And Novak was still shooting 426 from three with 2.7 attempts per game. Maybe it was I spite of Casey, maybe not, but you are making up facts at this point...

2Pats and GV were injured to start the year. 2Pats in Houston vs Toronto. GV is also taking a ton of non assisted shots

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                    Shooting is all about flow.

Casey has never been able to get any consistent looks for shooters - hence why all of our shooters (not just Ross) have been inconsistent

We really need to see Ross in a new system
                    Yep. Our shooters don't get shots in "rhythm" on a regular basis as a designed first or second option. Often times, you'll see Lowry barrel into the defence with blinders on heading to the rim, but he ends up being trapped. Then he starts to scramble around like a cornered mouse looking for somebody to dump off the hot potato to, all the while burning time off the shot clock. DD & Lou are basically the same, but they end up taking contested shots more often. Then you'll see a dump-off to Patterson or Ross who have been standing around for 15-20 seconds somewhere behind the 3-pt line. Then people will complain that we can't hit our "open" 3's. But, the Raps have shown the ability to pass and move the ball, so not sure who has more blame here - Casey or the ball-handlers.

Comment

He took the most non 3 pt shots as a % of all shot while in Toronto.
                      Wrong again, 16% of his shots were non threes when he played here. Then the year before in ny, 18% of his shots were non threes.

Got any more made up facts ?

Comment

2Pats and GV were injured to start the year. 2Pats in Houston vs Toronto. GV is also taking a ton of non assisted shots
                        Batman was hitting less than 1 three in his time in Houston & Sacramento...
                        He's also hitting at about the sAme percentage while shooting more threes...

Gv, I agree with you he's been absolute shit

Comment

Wrong again, 16% of his shots were non threes when he played here. Then the year before in ny, 18% of his shots were non threes.

Got any more made up facts ?
                          I'll post the link later but Steve Novak is a spot up three point shooter. His shots in that role were at a career low in Toronto while his 2PA increased and other threes, off the dribble + behind screens etc, made up difference. It's why Novak had no impact in Toronto for the most part. It was in an article written around which also had Novak recording his flirts block.

Why are you so stupid?

Comment

I'll post the link later but Steve Novak is a spot up three point shooter. His shots in that role were at a career low in Toronto while his 2PA increased and other threes, off the dribble + behind screens etc, made up difference. It's why Novak had no impact in Toronto for the most part. It was in an article written around which also had Novak recording his flirts block.

Why are you so stupid?
                            I don't know big guy, I used mathematical statistics to make percentages that tell me that's not true. Where the raw numbers came from basketball reference.

But hey if you think you saw an article one time a while ago where it said different. Your probably right. No need to start calling names there fam. Chill. It just hits an emotional spot for me when people make up facts to prove their point. And a lot of people do it around here...
                            Last edited by yabadabayolo; Mon Apr 6, 2015, 11:34 AM.

Comment

I don't know big guy, I used mathematical statistics to make percentages that tell me that's not true. Where the raw numbers came from basketball reference.

But hey if you think you saw an article one time a while ago where it said different. Your probably right. No need to start calling names there fam. Chill. It just hits an emotional spot for me when people make up facts to prove their point. And a lot of people do it around here...
                              Watch NBA games. Nobody who saw Novak last year would say he was ever used correctly. With fewer looks he was forcing shots he doesn't take. Looking for stats to show something that is clearly evident is the flaw. There are stats that show GV is a capable defender while watching games show guys completely blowing by him to get to the rim or GV fouling on routine plays to avoid an easy layup. Stats backup what is seen by quanitfying the effect. Use stats to estimate the effect of an earthquake not to show it didn't occur. Signal and noise

Comment

Why are we even talking about Novak? He played a whopping 540 minutes for the Raptors last year, and has played less than 190 minutes this year for 2 different teams. He's barely an NBA player at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X