Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lou Williams Wins 6th Man of the Year!! Congrats Lou!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 man!!!
    "you can't be playing checkers, on no chess board yoo!" - D'angelo

Comment

it wasn't even close in the voting too...he had 78 1st place votes compared to Isiah Thomas who finished 2nd with 33 1st place votes...Congrats Sweet Lou! Another Masai heist...John Salmons for the 6th man of the year! He had asked for an extension during the season but Masai told him to wait till the off-season...hope that doesn't back-fire now and we still re-sign him without over-paying.

http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/736287

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
        it wasn't even close in the voting too...he had 78 1st place votes compared to Isiah Thomas who finished 2nd with 33 1st place votes...Congrats Sweet Lou! Another Masai heist...John Salmons for the 6th man of the year! He had asked for an extension during the season but Masai told him to wait till the off-season...hope that doesn't back-fire now and we still re-sign him without over-paying.

http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/736287
        I don't remember the source, but I think there was clarification on those "negotiations". Lou told his agent he wanted to sign an extension, but for whatever reason, that conversation never included Masai.

Comment

Louuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

His offence would be fine if it weren't for the team-wide issues. You can handle one streaky shooter, especially off the bench.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            I don't remember the source, but I think there was clarification on those "negotiations". Lou told his agent he wanted to sign an extension, but for whatever reason, that conversation never included Masai.
            my mistake...thats from an article in the Toronto Sun on March 10

"Lou Williams has not yet approached the Raptors about an extension, but he plans to. The Raptors’ instant offence off the bench has thoroughly enjoyed his first year in Toronto and would like to extend his stay. As a free agent at the end of this year, Williams was asked in a Q and A with ESPN about his plans for the future. The response seemed to indicate that he had already requested an extension with the team. Williams though said Tuesday he only meant to say he had discussed it with his agent, not with Raptors management.

Williams has been an offensive boost to the Raptors this year, averaging 15.2 points a night in just under 25 minutes a game. He is in the third and final year of a three-year deal that pays him $15.675-million. He is making $5.45 million this season. He was acquired from the Atlanta Hawks along with Lucas Noguiera in exchange for John Salmons."

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
              well we had couple all-nba awards
              yea but in terms of individual NBA awards
              Executive of the Year- Bryan Colangelo (2007)
              Coach of the Year- Sam Mitchell (2007)
              Rookie of the Year- Damon Stoudemiere (1996) & Vince Carter (1999)
              6th man of the Year- Sweet Lou Williams! (2015)

Comment

Lou Williams in 1 year here has already accomplished more than some of the players the Raps "honoured" this year. *cough Muggsy Bogues *cough *cough Alvin Williams *cough* *cough T-Mac *cough*

So when are we honouring Lou???
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                  That is quite the honour...it is all-NBA and imo somewhat more valuable than an allstar nomination which frequently is a popularity contest. It's a single award and he also won it going away. Good payday coming up.

Now show us your game against the Whizzies.
                  Sam got coach of the year

Comment

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                      Lou Williams in 1 year here has already accomplished more than some of the players the Raps "honoured" this year. *cough Muggsy Bogues *cough *cough Alvin Williams *cough* *cough T-Mac *cough*

So when are we honouring Lou???
                      Soon, my friend... Like 2035 January soon!

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                        bit ot

Well this is the greatest thing I've read in this thread.

Comment

That's pretty sweet, Lou.

Comment

Lou's pricetag just went up by at least a million a year and probably more. He's a great value at $5.5m (what we paid him). At $7m... not so much.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                              Lou's pricetag just went up by at least a million a year and probably more. He's a great value at $5.5m (what we paid him). At $7m... not so much.
                              Or he just increased his S&T value!

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                                Or he just increased his S&T value!
                                Forgive my capology ignorance, but do any sort of Bird rights apply in Lou's situation? Is there mutual benefit for him to S&T?

Comment

Working...
                                X