Live Concert thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rocwell wrote: View Post
    Whaa? Bestival in Canada? Shit must be expensive nah? I remember I paid nearly 200 quid last year in UK.
    I just reread this in the dirtiest British accent... Haha Hmm I don't think its crazy expensive, but then again I haven't looked. I think I remember hearing the Early Bird tickets were $99?

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
      I just reread this in the dirtiest British accent... Haha Hmm I don't think its crazy expensive, but then again I haven't looked. I think I remember hearing the Early Bird tickets were $99?
      Cheap. I bought early bird Bestival tickets in UK for nearly 200gbp ( that's like $400 Canadian. ) I can't believe Bestival is putting 1st foreign show in our beautiful Canada! Do we even have a place for this kind of event? If my memory serves me right, daily capacity in UK was just under 100k people. Ugh.. I'm so pissed I'm coming back just at the end of July. Love this kind of festivals.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
        Cheap. I bought early bird Bestival tickets in UK for nearly 200gbp ( that's like $400 Canadian. ) I can't believe Bestival is putting 1st foreign show in our beautiful Canada! Do we even have a place for this kind of event? If my memory serves me right, daily capacity in UK was just under 100k people. Ugh.. I'm so pissed I'm coming back just at the end of July. Love this kind of festivals.
        Looks to be about $190 for two days, $100 for one day. Don't know anyone on the list aside from Florence and the Machine and Nas lol... I'm sure it would be pretty amazing though, one the island overlooking the city! Never heard of Bestival before... wish I'd heard about it earlier, looks like a good binge. What's the deal, everyone goes in costumes? Is it just a big mish-mash of music genres?

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
          Never heard of Bestival before... wish I'd heard about it earlier, looks like a good binge. What's the deal, everyone goes in costumes? Is it just a big mish-mash of music genres?
          Ye, I never heard about it too when I lived in Canada. Bestival is/was uk-only thing and yes it is big mish-mash of music genres. ( large scale festival FTW! ) I'm wondering, can this festival succeed in Canada though?! I loved that many UK lads made a career cuz of bestival. They love to give a chance to home-grown talent. Oh and costumes.. Ha. Festival on Saturdays is full of fancy dress punters, other days - just so so.

Bit off topic kinda.. but in 2014 bestival they fucking created the worlds largest disco ball. Like for real. This thing was huge.
          Last edited by rocwell; Thu Jun 4, 2015, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Yea, I'm all for the huge outdoor events where they serve alcohol lol... only a weeks notice for this so I won't bother with it this year, but I'll check out reviews and who knows, if it's back next year then I might wanna check it out.

I don't see why it wouldn't succeed here in Toronto. People turn out in droves here for this kinda thing(re the 1M people at Sars-stock back in '03) and are likely sick of having to head to the states or overseas for these kinds of festivals. Not to mention the tourists that will come just for this.

Comment

I am playing today at one, wish me luck

Comment

mike, prague wrote: View Post
                I am playing today at one, wish me luck
                Got anything we can listen to??

Comment

Went to EdgeFest in Winnipeg in 97 and 98.. lots of fun.. tonne of bands. Can't remember which band played which year but saw bands like OLP, Tea Party, Green Day, Sloan, Bif Naked, I Mother Earth, Foo Fighters.

Also been to Van Halen.

Saw Alanis in concert.. was actually pretty cool because OLP started for her when they were just coming out. Liked them more than her

Comment

Got anything we can listen to??
                    Well theoretically like 20 seconds ...

From the 3rd minute is my sister singing and then it switches to my band with a different singer.

That concert was hilarious for our band, cuz the first day our singers voice totally crapped out, so we had three different singers fill in for her ... and it turned out pretty weird ... one guy (the one in the video) didnt learn the texts so there were some awkward moments in there, cuz I (the drummer) play according to the lyrics and everybody else plays according to me ... that was day one

Day two a bit of a guitar legend in eastern Czech Republic (he is only like 16) was playing some kinda Czech country/folk song so I for the fun of it joined in on the cajon, he liked it, so we practiced it like literally 10 minutes before the concert began, once and then I totally nailed it on stage ... but whatever, cuz then soon after it was bands turn and we played "She's a Rebel by Green Day" without a problem then came "Dani California by RHCP", which I ended about 10 seconds early cuz I couldnt hear the guitarist at all in the solo at the end of the song I totally screwed that up ... whatever ... then we played "Sex is not the Enemy by Garbage" (Dont bother listening to it, it stands up to its name ) that was fine and then we played our last song "Fallen Leaves by Billy Talent" Which I again ended 5 seconds but almost played it cool by hitting the cymbals like crazy for effect ... oh well shit happens

Its a cool concert though, cuz its in my old highschools gym and everything is arranged by the students there, so its fun.

What I played isn't even really my style (except Dani California).

This is more my style (not me playing ... not after 10 months of ever playing on a drum-kit that is maybe in a year or two ):

AND

Makes me sad seeing that these master-pieces barely top 50K views in total ... people are dumb or deaf or both

Do you guys play on anything?

Comment

Saw Imagine Dragons tonight at the ACC. Original seats were horrible, up in the top corner where seeing the stage was basically fully obstructed(Ticketmaster did not mention this when buying).

Opening act was good, forget her name but she's got blue hair... Then it was Metric, the reason I was so excited to be there, and they did not disappoint. It was just pissing me off that we couldn't see the stage. I was scoping out some seats on the lower level, so when Metric finished I took my girl down there. Ended up being in 4th row from floor directly in front of the stage(basically, baseline seats). That move made all the difference in the world! We saw everything in full view and had a blast for the main attraction. Easily the best show I've been to, but mind you I haven't been to many. Bought 7 tall cans at $11 each, but hey, you gotta pay if you want a good time these days! I'd definitely go to another Imagine Dragons show. Dan Reynolds seems like a very humble dude, along with the rest of the band, as they said they are just so grateful to be playing in front of folks that want to hear their music. Oh... and they were doing a DVD special recording for this show, hope I made the cut!

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                        Saw Imagine Dragons tonight at the ACC. Original seats were horrible, up in the top corner where seeing the stage was basically fully obstructed(Ticketmaster did not mention this when buying).

Opening act was good, forget her name but she's got blue hair... Then it was Metric, the reason I was so excited to be there, and they did not disappoint. It was just pissing me off that we couldn't see the stage. I was scoping out some seats on the lower level, so when Metric finished I took my girl down there. Ended up being in 4th row from floor directly in front of the stage(basically, baseline seats). That move made all the difference in the world! We saw everything in full view and had a blast for the main attraction. Easily the best show I've been to, but mind you I haven't been to many. Bought 7 tall cans at $11 each, but hey, you gotta pay if you want a good time these days! I'd definitely go to another Imagine Dragons show. Dan Reynolds seems like a very humble dude, along with the rest of the band, as they said they are just so grateful to be playing in front of folks that want to hear their music. Oh... and they were doing a DVD special recording for this show, hope I made the cut!
                        What do they sing that I would recognize? Imagine Dragons that is. Can't put a song to the name.

Comment

What do they sing that I would recognize? Imagine Dragons that is. Can't put a song to the name.
                          radioactive if you play 2K.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X