No announcement yet.

Everything Delon Wright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winning has helped for sure. But these past 2 years is not the only time in the Raptors 20-year history where we've been winning.

Ultimately, it comes down to Leiweke and Ujiri and their no nonsense attitude in my opinion. They came in with the intentions of not feeling bad about ourselves being in Canada and actually turned it around and used it as an advantage...hey you come to our team and you're playing for an ENTIRE country. Not only that, but they brought in Drake, who in turn has upped the "cool" factor of this team.

Players seeing Jurassic Park and realizing how popular bball is here + Drake + winning + Prime Ministers getting in on the all-star voting action = huge shift in the league's perspective of the Toronto Raptors. I love it!

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      Well yeah Drake helped a lot on this too, but we all know that Toronto is amazing city, w/ Drake or without him!
      Toronto was an amazing city 20 years ago too. I think we have to give Drake a lot of the credit, without him I don't see this attitude shift at all. We'd just be a team that got swept in the 1st round of the playoffs, not the place to be.

Comment

• we got eliminated in the first round back to back

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
          we got eliminated in the first round back to back

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Nice read from Dorell Wright on his advice for his little brother Delon.
            http://www.theplayerstribune.com/dor...rookie-letter/

Also nice to see some praise for Kyle and Demar's leadership.
            You’ll also be taken care of in Toronto. I’m close with Kyle Lowry, going back to those four-star camps, ABCD and AAU. DeMar DeRozan is somebody who looked up to me in high school, and he played on my team at the Drew League when he was still in eighth and ninth grade. Those are two great dudes, and I know they’re going to look out for you. I didn’t even have to ask. They reached out to me and let me know you’re in great hands.

Comment

• I really enjoyed that article thanks for sharing
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• great insight from brother to brother....damn Dorell would have been a nice add to our bench.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  Nice read from Dorell Wright on his advice for his little brother Delon.
                  http://www.theplayerstribune.com/dor...rookie-letter/

Also nice to see some praise for Kyle and Demar's leadership.
                  That was an amazing - and touching - read. Thanks.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                    How times have changed.

Move over Indiana/New York, now Toronto is the mecca of basketball.
                    #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Delon knockin' down treys, cuttin to the basket, and slammin' it home in tonights game. Showcasing his entire offensive arsenal against the wolves:

#JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
                        Delon knockin' down treys, cuttin to the basket, and slammin' it home in tonights game. Showcasing his entire offensive arsenal against the wolves:

You know Doc is over-the-moon with that 'Almont' mention late in the clip. 😊

Comment

• RepTdot wrote: View Post
                          great insight from brother to brother....damn Dorell would have been a nice add to our bench.
                          Agree. I was holding out hope for a long time that he was going to be signed.

Ya never know, it's early and he might still make his way here. Hopefully bringing back his '09-'13 form.

Comment

• Rafer Alston still looks like the best comparison going.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                              Rafer Alston still looks like the best comparison going.
                              Really? Wright's calling card is his defence, and Alston was never much of a defender.

My short list for comps right now is:
                              Alvin Williams
                              Antonio Daniels
                              Chris Childs
                              Sam Cassell (lower ceiling though)
                              Eric Snow (better offensively though)
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                Really? Wright's calling card is his defence, and Alston was never much of a defender.

My short list for comps right now is:
                                Alvin Williams
                                Antonio Daniels
                                Chris Childs
                                Sam Cassell (lower ceiling though)
                                Eric Snow (better offensively though)
                                Not sure if Wright will be a great defender thus far. Defense doesn't always transfer from college to pro and his D was based on size and length which isn't that uncommon in NBA PG. Powell's tenacious D looks like it will transfer

Comment

Working...
                                X