Everything Delon Wright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    In addition to the 4 years of NCAA ball thead mentions, there is the fact that he excelled in specific stats that parlay well to the NBA. So really, we have plenty of evidence to suggest he will be a good defender and only a few meaningless preseason and summer league games to say otherwise.

Frankly, your assessment is at least 6-12 months too early.
    No it isn't. Against NBA competition thus far he hasn't demonstrated any indications of being an above average defender. He may develop that in 1-2 years but against actual players he will face in the NBA he hasn't shown anything. The 4 years previous is completely irrelevant. Once a player leaves college, anything he did there is erased and he has to prove himself again.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
      No it isn't. Against NBA competition thus far he hasn't demonstrated any indications of being an above average defender. He may develop that in 1-2 years but against actual players he will face in the NBA he hasn't shown anything. The 4 years previous is completely irrelevant. Once a player leaves college, anything he did there is erased and he has to prove himself again.
      So you have more confidence in a one game sample size (for example) against NBA players than a 4 year sample that comes in an environment that pretty effectively maps to future NBA success? Seems crazy to me.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        So you have more confidence in a one game sample size (for example) against NBA players than a 4 year sample that comes in an environment that pretty effectively maps to future NBA success? Seems crazy to me.
        College just gets players drafted it isn't one game. It's SL too and I'm not saying he's a bust just that he hasn't really shown anything, even flashes defensively. Offensively he seems steady

Comment

I think you have 4 years of NCAA and 4 weeks of Summer League & Pre-season mixed up.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Andrew Wiggins took a while to adjust to NBA last season.

I wouldn't write the guy off yet.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              Andrew Wiggins took a while to adjust to NBA last season.

I wouldn't write the guy off yet.
              Wright won't be force fed minutes. Unless he can demonstrate defense he won't see the floor at all. Again not calling him a bust, just pointing out he has shown nothing to warrant minutes yet.

Comment

Wright won't be force fed minutes. Unless he can demonstrate defense he won't see the floor at all. Again not calling him a bust, just pointing out he has shown nothing to warrant minutes yet.
                Don't think bust actually applies to a 20th draft pick.

Most become nothing anyways.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  Don't think bust actually applies to a 20th draft pick.

Most become nothing anyways.
                  Problem is development time, Wright might get buried. BPA Portis would have been roadblock too. In hindsight they should have traded the pick

Comment

Problem is development time, Wright might get buried. BPA Portis would have been roadblock too. In hindsight they should have traded the pick
                    For what?

A future pick?

I can see the concern with no DLeague team. It would be a wasted year. But injuries, rest, and blowouts happen that will give opportunity and the DLeague.

Wright has 4 years of a cheap contract. I think patience is in order.

Comment

...isn't it WAY too early for this to be the thought?
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Hard to consider someone buried when they'll be the starting point guard on a professional basketball team.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                          ...isn't it WAY too early for this to be the thought?
                          CoJo is signed for 4 years and KL 2 more. Wrights is already older than most picks

Comment

• Only noticed it watching the game last night buy holy moly Wright's legs are absolute sticks, especially when he wears the full leg compression sleeves.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                              Only noticed it watching the game last night buy holy moly Wright's legs are absolute sticks, especially when he wears the full leg compression sleeves.
                              DeMarre looks the same
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X