Likes Likes:  244
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 541

Thread: Everything Delon Wright

  1. #421
    Raptors Republic Veteran MixxAOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9,224
    Likes (Given)
    1304
    Likes (Received)
    2237

    Default

    https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...r-2nd-Practice

    Cameron Payne has struggled to stay healthy during his NBA career due to recurring foot issues, but his actual play may be the bigger issue.

    The Chicago Bulls may move on from Payne as he enters his third season recovering from another foot surgery. The Bulls traded Doug McDermott, Taj Gibson and a second round pick to the Oklahoma City Thunder for Payne.

    “We knew the second practice [after he was acquired] that he couldn’t play at [an NBA] level,’’ said a source close to the situation. “The only reason it took two practices was because we thought maybe it was nerves in the first one.

    “Any [Bulls] coach who says differently is lying. . . . We got ‘Garred’ on that one.’’

    The source was referring to Gar Forman. Chicago's front office even called Payne "the point guard of the future."

  2. #422
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    3,095
    Likes (Given)
    336
    Likes (Received)
    423

    Default

    Truly pathetic that the Bulls franchise let this leak and then did nothing to refute it.

    This is a franchise that has been notoriously cheap, let go Thibs, gave away their star Butler for nothing and he really thought they were committed to him, Wade feels swindled now that they abandoned their plans and now you publicly humiliate one of your players like this???

    Just truly awful stuff.

    The guy is so young and they basically just flat line his NBA career. Like some people don't get HE IS STILL ON THEIR ROSTER. That's brutal! Can you imagine being the other young guys on the team and seeing how poorly they've treated their players?! Fortunately in a way for them they don't have any players that they need to fear losing the trust of lol but nonetheless this is just a very bad look on the franchise. I know as a board we can make some lighthearted jabs but this is a black mark on the team imo.

  3. #423
    Raptors Republic Veteran Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,677
    Likes (Given)
    508
    Likes (Received)
    897

    Default

    Quote JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    Truly pathetic that the Bulls franchise let this leak and then did nothing to refute it.

    This is a franchise that has been notoriously cheap, let go Thibs, gave away their star Butler for nothing and he really thought they were committed to him, Wade feels swindled now that they abandoned their plans and now you publicly humiliate one of your players like this???

    Just truly awful stuff.

    The guy is so young and they basically just flat line his NBA career. Like some people don't get HE IS STILL ON THEIR ROSTER. That's brutal! Can you imagine being the other young guys on the team and seeing how poorly they've treated their players?! Fortunately in a way for them they don't have any players that they need to fear losing the trust of lol but nonetheless this is just a very bad look on the franchise. I know as a board we can make some lighthearted jabs but this is a black mark on the team imo.
    Bulls got exactly what they deserved.

    Its a trickle down bad voodoo effect from owners to president to gm to coach and finally the players.

    Letting go of Thibs was a domino effect.

    Nothing will also change in The Knicks organization if Dolan is still in charge, just a bunch of yes men kissing his ass below him.

  4. #424
    Super Moderator Cody73's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Oshawa
    Posts
    5,044
    Likes (Given)
    1467
    Likes (Received)
    719

    Default

    Okay..... just putting this out here.


    Could Casey play Delon at the 3 in some matchups like he did last year given his height & wingspan? For example, we could run a FVV-Powell-Wright-Siakam-Ibaka/Poeltl lineup.
    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

    Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

  5. #425
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    2,885
    Likes (Given)
    259
    Likes (Received)
    910

    Default

    Quote Cody73 wrote: View Post
    Okay..... just putting this out here.


    Could Casey play Delon at the 3 in some matchups like he did last year given his height & wingspan? For example, we could run a FVV-Powell-Wright-Siakam-Ibaka/Poeltl lineup.
    Seems like a garbage time lineup so sure, why not. But put Bruno in for Powell, Delon at the 2 and run the clock out.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

  6. #426
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    13,244
    Likes (Given)
    827
    Likes (Received)
    2701

    Default

    Quote JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    Truly pathetic that the Bulls franchise let this leak and then did nothing to refute it.

    This is a franchise that has been notoriously cheap, let go Thibs, gave away their star Butler for nothing and he really thought they were committed to him, Wade feels swindled now that they abandoned their plans and now you publicly humiliate one of your players like this???

    Just truly awful stuff.

    The guy is so young and they basically just flat line his NBA career. Like some people don't get HE IS STILL ON THEIR ROSTER. That's brutal! Can you imagine being the other young guys on the team and seeing how poorly they've treated their players?! Fortunately in a way for them they don't have any players that they need to fear losing the trust of lol but nonetheless this is just a very bad look on the franchise. I know as a board we can make some lighthearted jabs but this is a black mark on the team imo.
    We got "Garred" on that one. Yikes. And Gar is still their GM.

    We got 'Garred' in the 2014 draft.

  7. #427
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    13,244
    Likes (Given)
    827
    Likes (Received)
    2701

  8. #428
    Raptors Republic Superstar SkywalkerAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    4,285
    Likes (Given)
    2857
    Likes (Received)
    760

    Default

    Delon looking more than ready to replace Cory's production and defense.

    Lonzo is pretty spectacular and ultra-willing as a passer, especially in the open court, but give me Delon's D in the here and now.

  9. #429
    Raptors Republic Superstar SkywalkerAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    4,285
    Likes (Given)
    2857
    Likes (Received)
    760

    Default

    Nice little breakdown on his P&R prowess on the front page:
    http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2017/...ght-pick-roll/

  10. #430
    Raptors Republic Veteran MixxAOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9,224
    Likes (Given)
    1304
    Likes (Received)
    2237

    Default


  11. #431
    Super Moderator Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    14,230
    Likes (Given)
    4845
    Likes (Received)
    6205

    Default

    Such a fluid player, very enjoyable to watch.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

  12. #432
    Raptors Republic Veteran A.I's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,504
    Likes (Given)
    752
    Likes (Received)
    916

    Default

    He is going to be one of the better back up PGs this year

  13. #433
    Raptors Republic Superstar SkywalkerAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    4,285
    Likes (Given)
    2857
    Likes (Received)
    760

    Default

    Delon has arrived.

  14. #434
    Raptors Republic Veteran consmap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    7,820
    Likes (Given)
    1935
    Likes (Received)
    2017

    Default

    I worry about what'll happen when teams start to really pick up on his weaknesses as the season goes on. But he's been excellent so far.
    OG is our king

  15. #435
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,992
    Likes (Given)
    1010
    Likes (Received)
    645

    Default

    Quote consmap wrote: View Post
    I worry about what'll happen when teams start to really pick up on his weaknesses as the season goes on. But he's been excellent so far.
    Then we throw Fred van FLEET on them. Those two compliment each other so nicely.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  16. #436
    Raptors Republic All-Star DogeLover1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,139
    Likes (Given)
    244
    Likes (Received)
    353

    Default

    Quote consmap wrote: View Post
    I worry about what'll happen when teams start to really pick up on his weaknesses as the season goes on. But he's been excellent so far.
    tbh I think he will struggle more in the playoffs than regular season. He was unplayable last year when teams realized he wasn't even going to try to shoot from outside.

  17. #437
    Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,303
    Likes (Given)
    1269
    Likes (Received)
    1959

    Default

    Quote DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    tbh I think he will struggle more in the playoffs than regular season. He was unplayable last year when teams realized he wasn't even going to try to shoot from outside.
    Not sure.. Rondo plays better in the playoffs than in the regular season (arguably) and he can't shoot either. Just need guys around him that can. That's why I like having CJ on the bench.

  18. #438
    Raptors Republic Starter Mapko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ancaster, Ont (Via Serbia)
    Posts
    746
    Likes (Given)
    948
    Likes (Received)
    62

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Both!
    Good call DanH

  19. #439
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    13,244
    Likes (Given)
    827
    Likes (Received)
    2701

    Default

    Shooting needs to IMPROVE big time. He's been real good tho.

  20. #440
    Raptors Republic Starter c-troop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    688
    Likes (Given)
    369
    Likes (Received)
    62

    Default

    Gonna be fun tracking and comparing Delon's performance this year against Fultz and Ball.

    https://www.basketball-reference.com...01&idx=players

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •