No announcement yet.

Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every NBA player needs opportunity. And I'm just not sure how Powell get's any. His best value at this point honestly is his mom's connection with Kawhi's mom.

Unless we trade Miles and Wright.. I have a feeling Norm will just be the 12th/13th man and will be competing with Lorenzo Brown for minutes.

Comment

• Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        I have no basis for this, but I have a good feeling about Norm this year. Yes, getting Kawhi and Danny Green makes it even harder for him to get minutes, but Green is exactly the type of heady vet that Norm needs to learn from. It might take most of the season, but Norm is going to look much better for us and will be a part of the rotation by playoff time.
        Just don't see how he breaks into a healthy rotation. He's a 2 who can play 3 situationally, and we have so many guys ahead of him there (Miles, Kawhi, Green, OG, not to mention Wright/Lowry will probably play some 2 as well).

The only way he gets regular minutes is if someone gets hurt, Nurse gives him a chance, and he really impresses.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
          Just don't see how he breaks into a healthy rotation. He's a 2 who can play 3 situationally, and we have so many guys ahead of him there (Miles, Kawhi, Green, OG, not to mention Wright/Lowry will probably play some 2 as well).

The only way he gets regular minutes is if someone gets hurt, Nurse gives him a chance, and he really impresses.
          Like I said, no basis for the feeling, just a gut call. Something somehow is going to work out for Norm this year.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            Like I said, no basis for the feeling, just a gut call. Something somehow is going to work out for Norm this year.
            Well it's safe to say... you've got guts, soldier.

Comment

• I can't recall the exact quote but nurse mentioned he could get norm's production up again but it's hard to imagine at who's expense as people have noted.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Last season was more like

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                  I can't recall the exact quote but nurse mentioned he could get norm's production up again but it's hard to imagine at who's expense as people have noted.
                  The days CJ Miles 3 point shot is cold.

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                    I can't recall the exact quote but nurse mentioned he could get norm's production up again but it's hard to imagine at who's expense as people have noted.
                    I believe he said something to that affect but that was before the Kawhi trade. Now that we have Kawhi and Green that would become even harder to do.

Comment

• He needs to take advantage of in-season rest days, and minutes in blowouts. That's not easy to do because those are very limited, and because they're very limited he typically tries to do everything under the sun under those minutes, and it backfires on him. Resist that temptation, focus on defence and easy finishes at the rim. Then move on to 3's and passing/court vision.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post

Still don't know much about Nurse, but I wouldn't be surprised if he messes around a lot with rotations for the first month of the season. Who knows, maybe he impresses in camp and preseason, and plays his way into some minutes.

Best case scenario to me is everyone impresses early, Raps have too many good players, and after 2 months, a team in the west decides a) they want to go for it and trade a protected first for an upgrade on the wing or b) they decide they have no chance and want to package a quality starter for a couple decent guys about to hit their prime. Barring injuries it looks like there will be 10-12 teams with a decent chance of fighting for the playoffs and the only locks to me are GSW, Houston, and the Lakers, someone in the west will do something.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          The days CJ Miles 3 point shot is cold.
                          Which was 70% of the time last year...

don't @ me lmao
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post

don't @ me lmao
                            Which is why Norm has a chance.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post

don't @ me lmao
                              Define "cold."

Like, hard to call 1 PPP cold. So, Miles hit 33% or better in 39 of his 70 games.

So, 44% of his games could reasonably be described as cold. Streaky.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Define "cold."

Like, hard to call 1 PPP cold. So, Miles hit 33% or better in 39 of his 70 games.

So, 44% of his games could reasonably be described as cold. Streaky.
                                I'm honestly kidding.

It's irritating to watch a 'sharpshooter' have such terrible off-nights, though. When he's on, he's on. When he's off, oh god, it's bad.
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X