Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I'll take CJ over Norm because his shooting will come around and he's a smarter player. But I do agree Norm is showing (sometimes) he can maybe be useful this year
    A streaky shooter for my money. I'm of the opinion that he's very one dimensional in that aspect with his time on the raps. Can't deny that Norm is the better defender. Hands down. And it's for that reason that I'd be willing to bet on Norm's success.

Oddly enough, watching the T-Wolves last night felt like we they always had 4 CJ Miles out there playing for them. All they were doing were hitting 3's (uncharacteristically I might add) and playing soft D for big stretches in the game.

Comment

• This guy's fun. Must be a blast to have him in the locker room.

Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

I'll take CJ over Norm because his shooting will come around and he's a smarter player. But I do agree Norm is showing (sometimes) he can maybe be useful this year
        Agree with CJ over Norm for now, though Norm is exhibiting signs of a slow by steady rise compared to last year. If feels like he's no longer rushing to prove he is who he was two years ago, but rather letting his game naturally grow, much like the mindset he had between his first and second year.

If I'm Nurse though, I take it up to the All-star break to steadily run open corner-3 plays for Miles. If he capitalizes on it as he should, then the slot on the rotation is his. If not, then it's Norm's.

Comment

• Norm has taken such a big stepback defensively. He's nowhere near the level he was playing back in 2016. As his focus has changed, his effectiveness has changed. I still want him to be that energy guy that defends well, runs in transition, and plays within the offence.

He picked his spots so well as a rookie.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• So, partial dislocation. Can't see him returning to play for 6-8 weeks at a minimum. But I'm no doctor and don't know much about this particular injury. Just getting the swelling down so you can start rehabbing is going to be weeks I would guess.

It would be interesting to see an article on the special techniques trainers use to rehab athletes. They certainly recover faster that the general public. Is it just more frequent work or do they get treatments us regular folks don't have access to?

Comment

• Sucks for Norm.

But I think this benefits the Raptors with a tighter wing rotation. Hopefully Wright can stay on the court.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Sucks for Norm.

But I think this benefits the Raptors with a tighter wing rotation. Hopefully Wright can stay on the court.
                You mean you hope Wright stays healthy?

Otherwise he should see his minutes go up. Maybe even more so if Miles keeps playing like a giant pile of crap and has his minutes cut down.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  You mean you hope Wright stays healthy?

Otherwise he should see his minutes go up. Maybe even more so if Miles keeps playing like a giant pile of crap and has his minutes cut down.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
                  Ya, I didn't mean to be so ambiguous, lol. I meant if Wright can stay healthy (as in stay off the IL)

Sent from my LG G6 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Sucks for Norm.

CJ Miles has continued to be beyond horrific.

Comment

• Comment

• DerozansSpurs wrote: View Post

T rex told me his season is over
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

T rex told me his season is over
                          I'm pretty surprised he won't end up missing to much time. when it first happened on court it looked bad
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Don't miss him tbh sorry Norm. Honestly this team has a couple guys too many, Norm, CJ, etc at the end of the rotation will never get in rhythm. I know Nurse has this Swiss army knife vision but guys need regular burn and time to develop chemistry within the rotations. I'm pretty skeptical about yoinking 10-11 guys around all season long and having it work for all of them.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                              Don't miss him tbh sorry Norm. Honestly this team has a couple guys too many, Norm, CJ, etc at the end of the rotation will never get in rhythm. I know Nurse has this Swiss army knife vision but guys need regular burn and time to develop chemistry within the rotations. I'm pretty skeptical about yoinking 10-11 guys around all season long and having it work for all of them.
                              Agreed 100%. Miles and Norm don't need to be part of the rotation (aside from injury fill-ins). And the team will be better off because of it.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                                Don't miss him tbh sorry Norm. Honestly this team has a couple guys too many, Norm, CJ, etc at the end of the rotation will never get in rhythm. I know Nurse has this Swiss army knife vision but guys need regular burn and time to develop chemistry within the rotations. I'm pretty skeptical about yoinking 10-11 guys around all season long and having it work for all of them.
                                Powell is one of three guys on this team who can drive to the rim quickly and easily. (The other two are Siakam and Leonard.)

We could sure use his slashing ability, since VanVleet/Wright/Anunoby aren't serious driving threats that defenses will happily collapse on. Without Siakam, our bench has been stagnant offensively, whether JV or Ibaka is playing with the bench.

Comment

Working...
                                X