No announcement yet.

Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ross money in a much bigger cap environment is a great deal.

Comment

• I'm in no position to gloat, as I didn't think he'd take it, but my stance that it was perfectly plausible that he would do so is looking pretty good right now.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• He's got a good agent. He would have to know that the market will be dry especially for RFAs next summer.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
          YES!!!

Now START HIM!!!!
          Heck yes. The thin arguments to not do so are falling away...
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            I'm in no position to gloat, as I didn't think he'd take it, but my stance that it was perfectly plausible that he would do so is looking pretty good right now.
            Very similar to the JV extension Masai reached out following a minor injury and they took the guaranteed money.
            Who knows if that played a role but Powell missed the last game following an injury vs the clips. Guaranteed 42 mill always looks good!

Comment

• I told you.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• a raptors woj bomb! (does a woj bomb still make a sound when in falls in Canada?)

Comment

• Now how does the cap situation look going into next season?

Comment

• AWESOME!!! The legend of Masai lives on!

Comment

• If he's not starting this year then Casey is an idiot.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Goddamn steal

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          Now how does the cap situation look going into next season?
                          A lot better than if he'd received a big offer

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Now how does the cap situation look going into next season?
                            Taxes!

Right now I have them at 125M committed to 11 players. Add 4.5M for three minimum signings (assuming Van Vleet, Bruno and BeBe all either sign for the minimum or walk), and you're sitting at 130M with a projected tax line of about 123-124M.

Could shed JV to get below, but if the team wins enough this year, I expect the first real tax paying season to be next year.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Hope this doesn't affect Norm's "hunger" to prove himself. Hope he still plays with that chip on his shoulder.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                ...I expect the first real tax paying season to be next year.
                                I guess this largely depends on how we finish this year. Would 50 wins and a 2nd round exit be enough for MLSE to empty their pockets? Tough call.

Maybe the answer is 'yes' until Lowry/DeRozan/Ibaka contracts are up.

Comment

Working...
                                X