Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer wrote: View Post
    Considering we are talking Masai, I expect to see a big that can hit threes, dominate on the glass, be a top three assist leader on the team, be a dominant post up player, be a pump fake master, and of course can finish at the rim.
    I hear Carmelo Anthony is available
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Another shooter?

Almost everyone in the rotation is a good shooter now. Siakam and Norm are the only exceptions.

Not sure that is a priority for Masai. We are really thin up front so I gotta think that a C/PF that can play big is the first priority.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      Yeah it's crazy how good of a shooting team we've become over night.

Lowry - 39.9% (2017), 37% (career)
      Kawhi - 38% (2016), 38.6% (career) - excluding last year due to small sample size
      Green - 36.3% (2017), 39.5% (career)
      Miles - 36.1% (2017), 36.1% (career)
      OG - 37.1%
      FVV - 41.4% (2017), 41% (career)
      Serge - 36% (2017), 36.7% (career)
      Wright - 36.6% (2017), 36.2% (career)

And we know JV made strides.. shooting 40.5% last year (although with only 74 attempts). He's a natural shooter (based on his FT%) though so that might not really dip that much with more attempts.

And all these guys can play defense too.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Kawhi - 38% (2016), 38.6% (career) - excluding last year due to small sample size
        OG - 37.1%

And we know JV made strides.. shooting 40.5% last year (although with only 74 attempts). He's a natural shooter (based on his FT%) though so that might not really dip that much with more attempts.

Siakam - 22% (2017), 21.6% (career)

I believe in him though

Comment

• Are we a better 3pt shooting team than GSW? They had 7 guys that were 35%+ 3pt shooters last year. And that included Casspi who's now in Memphis, and David West who's a free agent.

Cousins won't play for most of the season, but he's a 35% shooter last year (33.8% career). So not a total knock down ace.

And with the number of 3pt attempts we had last year.. I could see us scoring more per game than they do next year.

Comment

Are we a better 3pt shooting team than GSW? They had 7 guys that were 35%+ 3pt shooters last year. And that included Casspi who's now in Memphis, and David West who's a free agent.

Cousins won't play for most of the season, but he's a 35% shooter last year (33.8% career). So not a total knock down ace.

And with the number of 3pt attempts we had last year.. I could see us scoring more per game than they do next year.
            We might have more "shooters" than the Warriors, but given that they have three of the greatest shooters of all-time, I think that tips the scales in their favour lol

Comment

OG - 37.1%

err..Miles on defence...not really. But your point stands true on the shooting. All these guys command respect from deep and will space the floor.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                Siakam - 22% (2017), 21.6% (career)

I believe in him though
                I think he was trending upwards pretty significantly for the last half of the season.

Comment

We might have more "shooters" than the Warriors, but given that they have three of the greatest shooters of all-time, I think that tips the scales in their favour lol
                  Just looked this up:

Durant - 41.9% (2017), 38.4% (career)
                  Curry - 42.3% (2017), 43.6% (career)
                  Klay - 44% (2017), 42.2% (career)

That is absolutely ludicrous

Comment

Just looked this up:

Geezus.. yeah I take back what I said.. LOL

Comment

Another shooter?

Almost everyone in the rotation is a good shooter now. Siakam and Norm are the only exceptions.

Not sure that is a priority for Masai. We are really thin up front so I gotta think that a C/PF that can play big is the first priority.

This is why I think one of Miles/Powell may go. CJ can't defend, Norm can't shoot/low BBIQ - don't fit entirely into what we want. Would've loved to sign Mbah a Moute but it's too late now.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                        This is why I think one of Miles/Powell may go. CJ can't defend, Norm can't shoot/low BBIQ - don't fit entirely into what we want. Would've loved to sign Mbah a Moute but it's too late now.
                        Not sure Mbah a Moute fits. We have enough forwards and he isn't really a big.

Dedmon is an interesting name that's been brought up. Not sure what Mason Plumlee's status might be in Denver.

If there's nothing on the trade market, shop in the free agency bargain bin.

Comment

Not sure Mbah a Moute fits. We have enough forwards and he isn't really a big.

Dedmon is an interesting name that's been brought up. Not sure what Mason Plumlee's status might be in Denver.

If there's nothing on the trade market, shop in the free agency bargain bin.

I meant in terms of, if you send one/both out for a big, maybe you bring in a wing. Mbah a Moute would've been a good catch.

Comment

Just looked this up:

FVV toe-to-toe with Durant on shooting confirmed.

Comment

• I'm looking forward to seeing what Powell brings this year, with a fresh voice in Nurse guiding him.

Hopefully, his role is simplified. Come in, play tough, on-ball defense, and take the open corner 3s when presented. Instead of jacking up shots on every touch.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                I'm looking forward to seeing what Powell brings this year, with a fresh voice in Nurse guiding him.

Hopefully, his role is simplified. Come in, play tough, on-ball defense, and take the open corner 3s when presented. Instead of jacking up shots on every touch.
                                My concern with Powell is I don't see how he gets in a game. Unless there are some significant injuries anyway.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X