No announcement yet.

Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His game reminds me a lot of Shannon brown. Similar size and length and same bouncy athleticism. Shannon brown was also a very solid defender, with good fundamentals and great lateral quickness, which I expect Powell to be very good at.
    In addition, shannon brown was was drafted in the second round like powell and if he had ideal height( 6'5-6'6) he prolly would have been drafted late first round.

Comment

#Rapsarelegit wrote: View Post
      His game reminds me a lot of Shannon brown. Similar size and length and same bouncy athleticism. Shannon brown was also a very solid defender, with good fundamentals and great lateral quickness, which I expect Powell to be very good at.
      In addition, shannon brown was was drafted in the second round like powell and if he had ideal height( 6'5-6'6) he prolly would have been drafted late first round.
      Yeah, I thought Shannon Brown the first dunk clip I saw of him.

Comment

BS10 wrote: View Post
        He hasn't even played 1 nba game yet, how do you know he's unskilled? Also players nowadays can play multiple positions and there really isn't a prototypical way of playing any one position.
        He's the 46th pick in the draft, and he's not a point guard prospect. He's a physical tools shooting guard, from what I've seen. There's nothing wrong with that, but point guards, and even combo guards, have skill levels that I assume Powell doesn't have. If he did, he'd have been a higher pick.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          Yeah, I thought Shannon Brown the first dunk clip I saw of him.
          Like the comparison alot. Which means he might take awhile to play meaningful NBA minutes

Comment

we could really use a second round steal in our lives
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

#Rapsarelegit wrote: View Post
              Damn this is a great comparison. Never even thought of that one. Nice catch

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                Law of average says it has to happen eventually lol
                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                  I have said this a few times. If our franchise is to take the next step we will need to have one of our late picks, late first round/second round exceed all expectations. The other thing that may finally put us over the hump will be getting the extra quality first round pick next year from NYK/Denver. Adding a lottery pick to a playoff team (I hope) will give us that little bump to get to the next tier.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I say his floor is alonzo gee

Comment

Pong wrote: View Post
                      I say his floor is alonzo gee
                      Gee has moderate use of his left hand. watch any of his videos and his left might as well be tied behind his bac

Comment

j_val_for_mayor wrote: View Post
                        Gee has moderate use of his left hand. watch any of his videos and his left might as well be tied behind his bac
                        I've seen Powell use his left. He's not great with it, he just prefers to go right

Comment

Defensively, I've got no concerns. He's built like an ox, has great athleticism, good instincts and the desire to play good defence. I have more concerns about his offense though. He's more of a straight line driver than a shifty guy than a guy changes speed well like wright. He's definitely faster without the ball than with it, but he'll be a great target for cuts and lobs. He absolutely needs to improve his ball handling and shooting for him to carve out a nice role off the bench. If he was a better playmaker, he would have went higher and would be seen as a PG or if he measured out with ideal size and had a more consistent shot, he would be seen as a legit shooting guard. I like the pick at 46. Seems like a good kid with the tools to be a contributor. Him and wright will be pretty good defensively. They both seem capable of guarding 1's and 2's, assuming wright fills out.
                          Last edited by #Rapsarelegit; Mon Jun 29, 2015, 11:45 PM.

Comment

I think a realistic goal for him would be 3&D without any ballhandling responsibilities.

His natural ability to straight line drive will then be able to be used to attack closeouts to his three.

Comment

If we sign LMA this guy could just crack the rotation this year. I don't think we would have enough to bring back Lou Will.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                If we sign LMA this guy could just crack the rotation this year. I don't think we would have enough to bring back Lou Will.
                                If Lou walks (I hope so) De Colo could fill his role, or a move of Ross to the bench is a decent fit for him as well. Powell won't be forced into action very often, look for him to develop in the D-League.
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X