Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WJF wrote: View Post
    He is not and never will be a point guard on offense. I think he can guard the point guard position, but he is just not the type of player that will run a team. He has average size for the NBA off guard spot and that is where he should stay. No reason he can't play with Lowry, it is not like he is Lou Williams on Defence. Besides, he will be a second/third unit guy right now, he will play with Joseph and Wright in the back court, not Kyle.
    Bledsoe came into the league as a SG. he had PG skills but never needed them playing with Wall. Powell becoming a true combo helps his stock

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
      Bledsoe came into the league as a SG. he had PG skills but never needed them playing with Wall. Powell becoming a true combo helps his stock

Bledsoe is a 6'1" guard, he needed to show he could be a lead guard, not a pure PG but a guy you can give the ball to on the right team. Powell is 6'4"

It could help his stock, but he does not have PG skills. He is an attacking 2 guard. Let him work on developing a consistent outside shot and not worry about learning how to run a team, that is how he can boost his stock. I see too many people trying to fit a square peg (Powell) into a round hole (Point guard).
      Last edited by WJF; Tue Jul 14, 2015, 11:43 AM.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• To me he is a sg like rip slasher

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
          He is not and never will be a point guard on offense. I think he can guard the point guard position, but he is just not the type of player that will run a team. He has average size for the NBA off guard spot and that is where he should stay. No reason he can't play with Lowry, it is not like he is Lou Williams on Defence. Besides, he will be a second/third unit guy right now, he will play with Joseph and Wright in the back court, not Kyle.
          Powell seems to have foot-eye coordination with amazing lateral reactive movements when guarding...it's like he moves (in the correct direction) before the guy with the ball does. Then there was the one on one, faceup block on a jumper in last night's game...havent seen one of those by a player his size. The only caveat here is these games are not the NBA so there's that...but remarkable all around talent including mental it seems...at #46.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
            Powell seems to have foot-eye coordination with amazing lateral reactive movements when guarding...it's like he moves (in the correct direction) before the guy with the ball does. Then there was the one on one, faceup block on a jumper in last night's game...havent seen one of those by a player his size. The only caveat here is these games are not the NBA so there's that...but remarkable all around talent including mental it seems...at #46.
            His anticipation and awareness is good. That why having him play an entire season at PG in Mississauga would help him. Also, if Bruno and Bebe are in DLeague a reasonable PG helps

Comment

• Also the fastest way to develop a guard is by playing him at PG like Giannis on the Bucks. It's easier to develop off-ball skills playing next to a real PG at the NBA level

Comment

• Okay, then what happens to Delon?
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                  Okay, then what happens to Delon?
                  Wright is on the big team. His PG skills are fine but he needs to learn to shoot. That can be done at the NBA level. At his age he needs NBA playing time

Comment

• Blake wrote a good piece on the main page calling for Powell to get a contract. first piece on the main page i've liked in a while.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

His anticipation and awareness is good. That why having him play an entire season at PG in Mississauga would help him. Also, if Bruno and Bebe are in DLeague a reasonable PG helps
                      he is not a pg, get that out of your head.

He needs to work on his shot, that is all.

He is a very very solid backup sg right now. And is showing more than enough skills to warrant a place on an nba team coming off the bench as probably the third guy for now.

He would be a valuable asset to the raptors because he gives a tenacious defender to go up against in practice

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                        Hes big enough. 6'4 6'8 wingspan and solid.
                        6'10.75" wingpsan

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                          he is not a pg, get that out of your head.

He needs to work on his shot, that is all.

He is a very very solid backup sg right now. And is showing more than enough skills to warrant a place on an nba team coming off the bench as probably the third guy for now.

He would be a valuable asset to the raptors because he gives a tenacious defender to go up against in practice
                          Can't work on his shot without the ball. His spot up jumper needs less work than his shot off the dribble. Unless Raps want another mid-range pull up shooter at SG

Comment

Can't work on his shot without the ball. His spot up jumper needs less work than his shot off the dribble. Unless Raps want another mid-range pull up shooter at SG
                            He can have the ball in the practice court all he wants.

Can have coaches to help, and I am sure players will go to train there as well.

You dont give a guy pg duties just so he can work on shooting off the dribble, that is nonsense. Rest of the team will just hang out and watch Powell practice.

a point guards job is to initiate the offense, and alot of pgs that shoot well, shoot specifically off spot up kickouts.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              6'10.75" wingpsan
                              My bad, thats insane.

Comment

• Shannon Brown and Fred Jones are still the comparisons I like, but Powell seems to have a better approach to the game than either one. Those announcers last night were drooling.

Comment

Working...
                                X