No announcement yet.

Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, typo. He was superior. How many players making that kind of money aren't playing at all?

Here's a snippet from last season:
    Noah logged more minutes in one game with the Westchester Knicks of the Gatorade League than in his 11 with the NBA Knicks. Coach Jeff Hornacek and general manager Scott Perry said Noah has remained professional and worked hard on conditioning while accepting his demotion, brought on by his injuries, suspension and four centers on the roster.
    “I made my mistakes. (With) my injuries (and) everything, I’m coming from the bottom. I’m OK — I feel good, I feel healthy. And whenever my number is called, I’m ready.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...09-story.html#

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      First off, I'd like to eliminate the amount of players who are completely ineffective on offence. Biyombo has not gotten any better on that end. Awful hands. Awfully limited. Don't want to try accommodating his game since he's so limited on that end.
      I still remember Biyombo having the green light to shoot those free-throw line jumpers... Not sure what the hell Casey was thinking.

Comment

• Biyombo is a career 20 mpg guy, single digits in everything, craters your team offence when he plays, had a couple of nice moments after JV (who was playing much better than Biyombo) got injured in that playoff run. Cashed in right away and got paid way too much for what he is.

Nice guy, fearless, can fill in off the bench and get you 5 points and 6 rebounds and a block or two, but will always have a backlit halo when talked about here because he had a 26 reb game on the big stage. Nice moments, good guy, overhyped.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          No, it's not.

It's Norm and Miles, or it's a bigger rotation piece (Green and one of those two, JV, Serge...).
          Hard pass then.

Comment

• I don't know if I'd target Biyombo. But it depends on the direction the team wants to go with the roster. If they want to play small (at 1-4 at least) a lot, then getting Ibaka minutes at C is the only way to do that very much. In which case a minimum signing at C makes the most sense.

But if they want to trade for a legit backup C, and stay big except in the occasional matchup scenario, Biyombo is a very good option for 16 minutes a night (28-30 from JV, 2-4 MPG of Ibaka at C). Far better than rolling back Bebe, or a guy like Koufos. I'd prefer a Dwight Powell or John Henson for Norm swap, but those deals are far less likely, and I wouldn't give up Delon to make that upgrade. So Biyombo makes some sense in that specific scenario (team wants to play bigger), because Green will need minutes, and giving him Miles' minutes would be the way to give them to him (or OG comes off the bench, whichever floats your boat). Powell is buried in any scenario.

I honestly don't know which way the team would prefer to go. There seems to be an unlimited amount of fun and excitement going small with their current roster, but would have to get Ibaka to buy into those backup C minutes (even if you still start him at PF). Maybe he'd be happy with that. There's some injury risk, but not much. I think that gets my vote. But the team may be thinking they'll play it safer with Kawhi here for one year, and make sure they have the requisite skill sets for any matchup - including some extra resistance inside when JV sits.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Bring Bizmack home?? Maybe a buyout for next post season?! And hey, why not JV and Demar while we're at it?? Or maybe not Demar...

Comment

Working...
              X