Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
    stupid question what prevents us from going over the cap?
    Paying extra and frowned upon by the league

Comment

• Atothe wrote: View Post
      Paying extra and frowned upon by the league
      Yeah they are not frowning at the other 3 teams left exceeding the cap or having the officals so blatantly treating the teams that do

Comment

• Sign him to the max I guess.

Seriously though, we need him. Biz nation
        2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

• SamMitchells wrote: View Post
          Sign him to the max I guess.

Seriously though, we need him. Biz nation
          Right, because it's so easy to get that far under the cap.

Comment

• Lets be real, Biz isnt going to settle for backup, he's going to be a starter on a team... so you need to entice him not just with money but also starter role.

I like JV but he's the most realistic option you can trade off... Ross is going to be hard. JV is still young, is a very good centre and now reasonable money for his talent.

Biz has really emerged... he wont be JV offensively but his D is impressive...

Or Demar maybe takes a little less money for a little bit and just increase his salary as more guys deals expire (P Pat, etc)...

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post
              Lets be real, Biz isnt going to settle for backup, he's going to be a starter on a team... so you need to entice him not just with money but also starter role.

I like JV but he's the most realistic option you can trade off... Ross is going to be hard. JV is still young, is a very good centre and now reasonable money for his talent.

Biz has really emerged... he wont be JV offensively but his D is impressive...

Or Demar maybe takes a little less money for a little bit and just increase his salary as more guys deals expire (P Pat, etc)...
              Like I said before, why can't he be our starting 4 next year?
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• While I love Biz, I don't know how much you can throw at him. Teams are gonna give him a lot of money this offseason, and we cannot match and expect him and JV to be eating so much of the cap. He cannot play the 4 offensively.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                  While I love Biz, I don't know how much you can throw at him. Teams are gonna give him a lot of money this offseason, and we cannot match and expect him and JV to be eating so much of the cap.
                  At this point you have to believe Biz's price tag starts at 15 per for four, and there will be teams who will probably offer more - starting with Dallas, who whiffed on DeAndre Jordan last year, but Bismack offers 90% of what DeAndre offered the Mavs. I could see Cuban offering Biz 20 per for three years; the team has the money, Dirk needs a dominant defensive/rebounding center to really excel in his old age, and although they'll at least get a meeting with Horford and Durant, neither will go there.

Comment

• We need him . We need him more than we want to imagine JV prime

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                    2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

• Well Biz is close with Masai and now he's potentially going to the NBA Championship.

If Raps offer him $12 mil and say... New York offers him $14 -- will the extra $2 mil entice him to play for a shitty team like NY? Remains to be seen.

Comment

• The only team that scares me is LA... they got money and they may run out and offer big money to Biz just to get him -- even $20 mil plus -- at that price Raps would not be able to compete.

Im still pissed at Masai for offering Biz a player option in year 2 LOL

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                          At this point you have to believe Biz's price tag starts at 15 per for four, and there will be teams who will probably offer more - starting with Dallas, who whiffed on DeAndre Jordan last year, but Bismack offers 90% of what DeAndre offered the Mavs. I could see Cuban offering Biz 20 per for three years; the team has the money, Dirk needs a dominant defensive/rebounding center to really excel in his old age, and although they'll at least get a meeting with Horford and Durant, neither will go there.
                          This is my thought. Teams will throw cash at him. While I love Biz, if teams are offering him that much we have to just bite our tongue and let him go. We are fortunate enough to grab a 4 at the 9 position in the draft that can help us fill the void.

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                            stupid question what prevents us from going over the cap?
                            The rules. To go over the cap to sign a player, you have to have their rights. We can technically go over the cap to sign Biyombo, but we can only offer him 3M per year with his non-Bird Rights. To offer more we need cap space. We have Bird Rights for DeMar, so we can offer him whatever we want and go over the cap to do so.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post
                              The only team that scares me is LA... they got money and they may run out and offer big money to Biz just to get him -- even $20 mil plus -- at that price Raps would not be able to compete.

Im still pissed at Masai for offering Biz a player option in year 2 LOL
                              It was an opportunity contract for Biz. If his agent allowed him to sign a two year deal without an option, he should have been shot into the sun.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                Like I said before, why can't he be our starting 4 next year?
                                You can't start two guys with virtually no game outside the paint. They can both hit the odd 17 footer, but nothing consistently to warrant both of them starting(JV, Biz) in this "new" NBA. I'd love to see them both get minutes together for the rest of this series though, just to dominate inside and forcing Cleveland to play Tristan more than they'd like.

Comment

Working...
                                X