No announcement yet.

Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we trade for Ariza under this format that you are presenting and remain under the cap,
    Isn't the MLE for teams at the cap 3 Years starting at around 5 or 6 Million
    can you split up the MLE space into 2 Players.
    KL, DD, Ariza, Carroll, JV
    Wright, TRoss, Donatus, Patterson, Biyombo
    BeBe, Bruno, JJ, Deandre Daniels and Powell, Total Salary cap at 74 Million -over $10 Million under the luxury tax.
    I prefer Ariza and DM from Houston and it does work if Biyombo goes under the cap. Only player missing is a strong Backup point guard. Maybe Wright can step up, chronologically he should be mature enough.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
      I think we are going to see a lot of games in the mid 80s to low 90s
      ...and elbows/fights!!

Comment

our practices are going to take place in an Octagon
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Not sold on Biyombo being a good defender. There is a difference between being a good sot blocker (Biyombo) and being a good defender.

If he plays more than 10 minute per game we are a lottery team.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I think Ryan Wolstat has me on mute for twitter. Must because I tormented him about Vasquez "imminent" signing for a full year
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
              Not sold on Biyombo being a good defender. There is a difference between being a good sot blocker (Biyombo) and being a good defender.

He is a good defender....and shot blocker...and help defender...and rebounder. He is terrible at everything else. I could see him playing 15 - 20 minutes a game

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                When will people stop doubting Masai?
                Never. People are stubborn assholes.

Comment

See the video I posted in this thread. Very few of the clips are actual blocks, a lot of them show quick recovery, movement of feet in the post, hands straight up, bothersome reach, and he jumps straight up as well. He seems to be a great low-post defender because of his reach, quickness, and discipline. For someone at 6'9'', he can handle the taller slower centres sufficiently.
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Yeah, he was signed for 2 years. 5.75M total, 2.8M this year and 2.95M next. Room MLE, so that means still have just over 10 M cap room to address PF.

Now dreaming that we use some cap room to sign Cory Joseph and some to help facilitate a trade for a PF with Ross and/or JJ outgoing.

Really like this signing by the way. Can't believe he signed for so little. Quality backup C.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                      He is a good defender....and shot blocker...and help defender...and rebounder. He is terrible at everything else. I could see him playing 15 - 20 minutes a game
                      He is not a good defender, can't trap pick and role and always gives bigs to much room on the perimeter, has a tendency to leave his feet on up and under moves, lets post up players regularity catch the ball too deep. He is a good shot blocker, but that is like guys who gamble on the perimeter and get lots of steals.

Jonas had a better per 40 rebounding average last year and he is a complete player....
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

He is not a good defender, can't trap pick and role and always gives bigs to much room on the perimeter, has a tendency to leave his feet on up and under moves, lets post up players regularity catch the ball too deep. He is a good shot blocker, but that is like guys who gamble on the perimeter and get lots of steals.

Jonas had a better per 40 rebounding average last year and he is a complete player....

stop disagreeing with me. I don't like it

Comment

Probably the LEAST surprising signing in Raptor history.

I like it.

He is what he is.

He crashes offensive glass and blocks shots

Comment

He's not here to replace JV. He is the perfect role player as the backup center. Also will hopefully stop Casey from playing small-ball when JV is out of the game.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                              Yeah, he was signed for 2 years. 5.75M total, 2.8M this year and 2.95M next. Room MLE, so that means still have just over 10 M cap room to address PF.

Now dreaming that we use some cap room to sign Cory Joseph and some to help facilitate a trade for a PF with Ross and/or JJ outgoing.

Really like this signing by the way. Can't believe he signed for so little. Quality backup C.

After reading this I am not nauseous anymore. Better than gravol!

Comment

called this signing from the start of the off season, love it...exactly the type of backup 5 we need, he's already elite defensively and can hopefully develop a pick & roll game at the very least

Comment

Working...
                                X