Everything Luis Scola

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    We still need veteran scoring punch off the bench and that's exactly what Scola provides. The starting lineup meanwhile can really use PP's shooting to open up the drive and JV's post game. Plus Scola as the starting 4 just looks way to traditional for Casey.
    This is the best argument for bringing Scola off the bench. We'd be replacing Lou Williams high volume iso game with Scola's savvy post play. Scola can clearly handle being the lead scorer and offensive focus. I don't think Patterson can, he's much more suited for a complementary role hitting open 3's and pick and pop mid range shots.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      This is the best argument for bringing Scola off the bench. We'd be replacing Lou Williams high volume iso game with Scola's savvy post play. Scola can clearly handle being the lead scorer and offensive focus. I don't think Patterson can, he's much more suited for a complementary role hitting open 3's and pick and pop mid range shots.
      I like the way the 2nd unit shapes up with Joseph running the point as a pass-first PG, having Scola down low and on P&R/P&pop, with Ross camped out on the perimeter. I could see them develop a nice little inside-out 3-man game. Plus, they'd have Biyombo and Johnson cleaning the glass, with Johnson being able to effectively (aka when his head is in the game) play off the ball.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
        Scola in Fiba Americas and JV in EuroBasket are both leading their respective tournaments in scoring and rebounding. I'm guessing they are doing something right.

It's not the NBA, but one would think that Casey should be able to study the video and do something with that. Neither big is playing in a system that resembles the Raptors. Maybe altering the Raps offense will allow the bigs to shoulder more of a load and take some of the load off the guards and wings.
        Linas Kleiza

Comment

• Maybe Scola is our next Garbo.

In other news, I had no idea this was the real reason Garbo left the Raps.

Comment

• Tonight against Mexico Scola went 11-19 for 26pts, 4 reb, 1ast, 1blk.

I think Scola is going to way outperform his contract this year.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
              Linas Kleiza
              Different position, different responsibilities, surrounded by different players. I agree with the caution about attributing success in FIBA to success in the NBA, but as mentioned above, you can also point to Garbo and Anthony Parker, to name just two Raps that did well internationally and over here as well.

I really like Scola coming off the bench with Joseph and Ross and JJ. Going up against second units, I think they could be a potent force.

Comment

Different position, different responsibilities, surrounded by different players. I agree with the caution about attributing success in FIBA to success in the NBA, but as mentioned above, you can also point to Garbo and Anthony Parker, to name just two Raps that did well internationally and over here as well.

I really like Scola coming off the bench with Joseph and Ross and JJ. Going up against second units, I think they could be a potent force.
                Scola looked gassed playing both halves against Ayon.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  Scola looked gassed playing both halves against Ayon.
                  Good thing he will only be playing limited minutes with Raps...but he will be coming into camp in great shape.

Comment

Good thing he will only be playing limited minutes with Raps...but he will be coming into camp in great shape.
                    It isn't camp but post ASG or playoffs that guys in their mid-30's could start wilting

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                      It isn't camp but post ASG or playoffs that guys in their mid-30's could start wilting
                      Scola is averaging 31:15 per game in FIBA playing a game basically every single day. He'll be playing way less minutes for the Raptors and have more time between games. I think he'll be fine.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                        Scola is averaging 31:15 per game in FIBA playing a game basically every single day. He'll be playing way less minutes for the Raptors and have more time between games. I think he'll be fine.

Says who? Scola's a vet, dear Primer.

Comment

Agree

Comment

• You know what? Why not just let Patt and Scola alternate the starting role at the 4, depending on the team we face?
                            Axel wrote:
                            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Or see who performs better in preseason...I know, not in the spirit of these forums to use logic over wild speculation.

Comment

• Katman wrote: View Post
                                Or see who performs better in preseason...I know, not in the spirit of these forums to use logic over wild speculation.
                                "Get that gawbage outa heah!"

Comment

Working...
                                X