No announcement yet.

The Space Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So amazing ... this is history made today.

See liftoff at about 19:00.

See the Roadster at about 23:00 (and at 29:00 & 30:35-end)

And the double-landing side by side (one of the most amazing things I've ever seen) at 27:00.

Like do people realize this thing is going to Mars? This is how it starts!
    Last edited by Joey; Tue Feb 6, 2018, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• "Earth is flat" - Kyrie Irving

Comment

• This feed has some of the most awe-inspiring shots ever of the Earth passing in the background ... that shit is SO flat ...

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          "Earth is flat" - Kyrie Irving

Lol I just posted the full stream where thats from ... incredible stuff. I'm like a little kid watching this.

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
              Hahaha Man I hope that's real. That made me literally laugh out loud. Lol

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                This feed has some of the most awe-inspiring shots ever of the Earth passing in the background ... that shit is SO flat ...
                Clearly a distorted camera lens....

Comment

• "To make their findings, astrophysicists from the University of Montreal and the Institute of Space Sciences (ISS) in Spain examined 72 galaxies in the middle of some of the universe’s most massive and brightest galaxy clusters."
                  https://ca.news.yahoo.com/most-massi...201216795.html

"They found that more than half of these black holes were 10 billion times more massive than the Sun, a figure that is 10 times greater than what the astrophysicists first predicted"

good for these guys. would really like to see how big a black hole can get. they weren't expecting these ones to get this big.

Comment

• Mystery UFO incident that sent F-15s scrambling: Audio reveals pilots and flight crews reported an unidentified white aircraft 'intruder' travelling 'very fast' at 37,000ft over Oregon that had no contact with any air traffic controllers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ery-plane.html

Comment

• That's not Pluto. That's just a partially digested, then discarded jawbreaker against a black backdrop.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        That's not Pluto. That's just a partially digested, then discarded jawbreaker against a black backdrop.

If you stare at it the right way, it kind of looks like if Grumpy Cat were a planet (or pseudo planet or whatever bullshit they classify Pluto these days as)
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Figured this might be the best thread to post this but.. .

Stephen Hawking has passed away - he was 76.

Comment

• "It would not be much of a universe if it wasn't home to the people you love."

Rest In Peace and Power.

Comment

• He was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's at 21 years old and was given two years to live.

Here's a picture of him as a young man if anyone is interested:

Physics was never my strong point in my grade school and university days but long ago I read his book "A Brief History of Time" and I thoroughly enjoyed it. He was one of those rare people who made a significant mark on society and is a incredibly inspiring story when one considers what he achieved despite his highly debilitating disease.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                                Figured this might be the best thread to post this but.. .

Stephen Hawking has passed away - he was 76.
                                https://www.theguardian.com/science/...wking-obituary

obituary by Roger Penrose

Comment

Working...
                                X