Everything Vince Carter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Vince Carter

What a great read on how VC has changed his image for the good in his fight against father time....I was there last week when he got the standing O, it was definitely an emotional moment.

http://www.balldontstop.com/vince-ca...t-father-time/

Still wish he would've retired in T.Dot....would've been perfect for this team.
    Raptors
    88.41%
    Nets
    5.80%
    Other
    5.80%

Nice article, good sentiments.

As a Raptor fan, I'm always going to hold that grudge but that has been discussed more than a once and not going to get in to it now.

As for retiring a Raptor and perfect fit: retiring sure would be the story book, come full circle ending. However, perfect fit? Who would he replace on current team? Which minutes would he get? Ross? I hope not, he is part of future either here or as trade asset. DD? Nope. Lou? Not a chance. Vasquez? Maybe. JJ? Possibly. Fields and Bruno don't play.

I think it is best he is in Memphis.

Comment

Really good read. Nice mix video from last year. He's doing okay for his 17th season.

Comment

I can't believe it's been 17 seasons...man does time fly

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
          I can't believe it's been 17 seasons...man does time fly
          I feel old... I remember exactly what I was doing during his first game vs Boston...

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
            I feel old... I remember exactly what I was doing during his first game vs Boston...
            I remember watching the draft night trade of teammates...

Comment

That's what's most surprising, can't believe Vince is in his 17th year...incredible.

Comment

Frederic Weis was the 7fter that Vince dunked over in the Olympics. He was the Knicks first round pick that never panned out, probably because of the embarrassment. Lol I remember watching the dunk contest at a Western Rugby keg party and the place was packed and the place went crazy watching. Great memories.

Comment

I want Vince Carter back in TO

Am I insane?

He had a crap season in Memphis and has 2 years left on a 3 year deal with only 2 million guaranteed in 2016-17.

But in his old age he has evolved into a class act. Tears during the Raptor's tribute video, and sincere congrats to both Steph and Dell Curry after the Warriors bounced the Griz. I think it's clear that VC looks back fondly on his days as a Raptor...

Could he be our Paul Pierce? A fossil who fires game-winning daggers in big games? And a positive influence on all our young guys?

I think I am insane.

Comment

He really didnt have the best year though. I get what your saying though. It would be nice to have him for one final parade through, however I don't see that happening.

Comment

I would welcome him with open arms.

Also, the thought of vc mentoring a guy like ross would be fantastic.

Comment

Ross for vc and a second.

Get er done Masai
                        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                          Ross for vc and a second.

Get er done Masai
                          I know everyone's down on Ross, but that's a pretty awful deal. VC is on his last leg and I wouldn't be surprised if he retires...and if not it's just a guy who'll mostly sit on the end of bench. Sure, he can mentor, and have his victory lap in Toronto....but why don't we just try to hire him back in some kind of role after he retires? *The leadership void on this team can't be filled from the end of the bench.

Anyway, I mostly hate this kind of thing because 2nd rd picks are not high value. You hear every year how some can just be bought with cash. Like, at least try to get two for Ross or something...The kid has talent. He hasn't shown much mental toughness or consistency. He's also been jerked around constantly in the rotation and played a lot out of position (especially defensively) his whole time in Toronto.

We'd be trading him when his value is low. That's a bad plan. Maybe it never clicks for him, but you don't want to sell low. And a 2nd rd pick is as low as it gets. And if he starts to "get it" at all after the trade, he'd have waaay more value than a 2nd rd pick. If you don't trade him, and end up not wanting to re-sign him when his deal runs out, you can still just try to buy a 2nd rd pick.

Comment

hell ya...Vince is like the girlfriend you lost your virginity too...9x out of 10 it never works out but she'll always have a place in your heart lol I've been an advocate to bring him back even last year for both franchise & basketball standpoint...
                            1. to this date he is the best player that has stepped foot on our court, the man that saved the franchise from going the way of Vancouver, put us on the map in the NBA and led us to the first taste of successful and highpoint for the franchise that stood for about 15years...He is the only player thats worn a raptors jersey that deserves to be honoured post-career and from a marketing, PR and franchise reputation around the league and players...we need Vince and Toronto on good terms.

2. he is the godfather of Canadian basketball...every player coming out in this golden age of Canada basketball credits Vince Carter with lighting their interest and passion in basketball, Vince & Raptors back on good terms allows the godfather to be involved in Canada Basketball post-career and help our game grow here even more.

3. Our team is missing a respected veteran presence (like a Pierce) that can actually contribute (see Chuck Hayes)...VC in Dallas was a 6th man of the year candidate, last season he regressed but mainly due to an early injury, low playing time and not being a fit in the Grizz system...still he has enough left in the tank to be a descent piece off the bench, his main contribution would be in team leadership & player mentorship and what he offers this franchise and Canada basketball post-career.

#bringbackvince

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              I know everyone's down on Ross, but that's a pretty awful deal. VC is on his last leg and I wouldn't be surprised if he retires...and if not it's just a guy who'll mostly sit on the end of bench. Sure, he can mentor, and have his victory lap in Toronto....but why don't we just try to hire him back in some kind of role after he retires? *The leadership void on this team can't be filled from the end of the bench.

Anyway, I mostly hate this kind of thing because 2nd rd picks are not high value. You hear every year how some can just be bought with cash. Like, at least try to get two for Ross or something...The kid has talent. He hasn't shown much mental toughness or consistency. He's also been jerked around constantly in the rotation and played a lot out of position (especially defensively) his whole time in Toronto.

We'd be trading him when his value is low. That's a bad plan. Maybe it never clicks for him, but you don't want to sell low. And a 2nd rd pick is as low as it gets. And if he starts to "get it" at all after the trade, he'd have waaay more value than a 2nd rd pick. If you don't trade him, and end up not wanting to re-sign him when his deal runs out, you can still just try to buy a 2nd rd pick.
                              to hire him back in a role after he retires...he needs a victory lap. but yeah as much as Ross needs to get traded...it would not be for VC unless its part of a package deal with Grizz that includes other pieces.

Comment

Working...
                              X