Likes Likes:  219

View Poll Results: If Vince Carter is inducted into the Hall of Fame, what team does he choose to represent?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Raptors

60 88.24%
  • Nets

4 5.88%
  • Other

4 5.88%
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30

Thread: Everything Vince Carter

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Kyle was actually pretty good and steady through this years playoff run.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Is Vince still under contract anywhere or is he currently a free agent?

Thoughts on him to fill a spot on the roster? Think it would be good to get someone that would be strong to have in the locker room and help further unite the team together.

Of course there's the obvious nostalgic feel of him returning, just wondering if there's been much said about him?

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The nostalgic feel of him returning is just opening the wounds again about how he quit on his teammates and the fans. Can we FINALLY forget about bringing back some downgrade version of Vince for the memories? That's more what I'd expect a lousy rebuilding team to do as a distraction. Let it go.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This season is all about winning a title. There are better options, he had his chance.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    This season is all about winning a title. There are better options, he had his chance.
    Not to be too pessimistic and I'll obviously get caught up in the hype as the season goes but we're still another all star off getting close with GSW I'd have thought.

Obviously if we can add a strong roster player I'm all for it. Just like the idea of getting someone who has been a star like he has in the locker room, especially if he's someone that helps make Toronto a more enjoyable experience for Kawai.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer DanH's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote dylan123 wrote: View Post
    Is Vince still under contract anywhere or is he currently a free agent?

Thoughts on him to fill a spot on the roster? Think it would be good to get someone that would be strong to have in the locker room and help further unite the team together.

Of course there's the obvious nostalgic feel of him returning, just wondering if there's been much said about him?
    He's a free agent. But we are STACKED at the wing. There's no room for him here. Heck, even if we trade a depth wing for a big he'd still get zero minutes, which he'd surely have no interest in, based on previous comments/reports.

7. Likes dylan123 liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just stumbled on this article. "Vince Carter knows a thing or two about being a Toronto Raptors icon and getting traded.

So, he can sympathize with the hurt feelings DeMar DeRozan experienced after getting dealt from the only NBA team he’d ever known in a swap with the San Antonio Spurs that landed Toronto Kawhi Leonard."

Sorry, what? Random but from what I know, not really sure why someone would start a piece like this

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

https://streamable.com/dkttf

Vince makes it looks so easy..... at 41, no less.
    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

10. Likes Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran JimiCliff's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The gift that keeps on giving

There’s been a couple of different incarnations of this deal. The first one, the Heat didn’t want to take back Gorgui Dieng. Then, the next incarnation of the deal was ‘OK forget it, let’s just do it straight up, just for Jimmy on your end.’ They finally relented on Josh Richardson. They were giving them Josh Richardson, then Dion Waiters was going to be the cap filler and then a protected first-round pick.

The medicals were exchanged, which generally in the NBA means this is a done deal. And then, Thibs called back and wanted more picks. And Pat Riley literally — I was told — called him a motherbleeper and hung up the phone.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/report-pat-...034719927.html
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote RepTdot wrote: View Post
    its makes a difference for the great value he can contribute to both the Raptors organization and Canada Basketball after his career for which requires an "official" re-union on the court for fan acceptance, marketing, PR and all that kinda corporate shit...and really to bring him back as a veteran presence in a mid-end bench player role that can offer that kinda of value after is worth it. Look at it at a 1yr/$6.35mil deal for the post career value of what that re-union would bring.
    You are right. I shouldn't make fun of the soon-to-be former city of Toronto, now on the verge of collapsing into a dystopian wasteland....

Raptors Republic Veteran Zainab's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

View this post on Instagram

Still Vinsanity.

A post shared by Bleacher Report (@bleacherreport) on

14. Likes Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Superjudge's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Atta boy VC

16. Likes Joey liked this post