No announcement yet.

Everything Vince Carter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Carter Effect is apparently available for a limited time. I know some were asking about it earlier:

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      The Carter Effect is apparently available for a limited time. I know some were asking about it earlier:

(Available to rent for $3.99... or at least that's what I found when I looked.)

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
        You can, sure. But a basic rule, you learn early in life, is if you don't know what you're talking about, it's best not to talk. There are like 3-4 people on this board I'd say are in the same conversation as most professional sports reporters as far as knowing professional sports is concerned... oddly, they never call um out. I'll leave it at that.
        I guess you are one of those 3 or 4 people who are allowed to post here?

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

lol.
            Last edited by rocwell; Sat Feb 17, 2018, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
              Thanks for posting this, good find. Especially on that site where it was likely buried.
              You’re welcome.

I think the article says a lot about his pain that he went through in the past and what he is currently going through with an ailing father, his recent separation from his wife and being a single father. Putting these altogher will definitely change your view about the man in a different perspective.

I now believed the off nights offensively and moments of lack of concentration with his defense this season can be attributed to the various situations that he is trying to cope in his daily “off the court” life.

I wish him well and his family and from hereon the Claw would be more supportive of this Raptor lifer.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                You’re welcome.

I think the article says a lot about his pain that he went through in the past and what he is currently going through with an ailing father, his recent separation from his wife and being a single father. Putting these altogher will definitely change your view about the man in a different perspective.

I now believed the off nights offensively and moments of lack of concentration with his defense this season can be attributed to the various situations that he is trying to cope in his daily “off the court” life.

I wish him well and his family and from hereon the Claw would be more supportive of this Raptor lifer.
                Derozan has finally defeated his arch nemesis: the claw!

What can he do to motivate himself going forward??
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Derozan has finally defeated his arch nemesis: the claw!

What can he do to motivate himself going forward??
                  What can the Claw do? He can start focusing on Poeltl.

Or maybe Brown.

😄

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                    You can, sure. But a basic rule, you learn early in life, is if you don't know what you're talking about, it's best not to talk. There are like 3-4 people on this board I'd say are in the same conversation as most professional sports reporters as far as knowing professional sports is concerned... oddly, they never call um out. I'll leave it at that.
                    Bro shut up, we're on a sports forum talking about a fucking sports team calm yourself and your big ass ego. Being a sports reporter is not rocket science... jesus christ talk about superiority complex smh.

Comment

• All these waiting is killing me, can't we just move on and sign either VInce or Bosh

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Does Vince look like the kind of guy that wants to chase a ring? Why else would he play in Sacramento or Dallas or Phoenix? I think he just likes getting paid.
                        Vince has been a guy who appeared to have goals which ran counter to many other superstars. While he could light it up as good as MJ at times, he lacked the killer instinct to bring it under all circumstances such as Kobe did. While he thrived in high pressure situations in prime time as "the guy", his actions suggest he never wanted to be "the guy" and ran from it. As he regressed, as all superstars do, he did the opposite of many other former superstars as you mentioned in your post. He's not your typical hall of famers once you dig past the surface stats and what have you.

I think he was immature when all the shit went down between him and MLSE. He's a much wiser man now, who's pushing middle age. It would be healthy for all parties if he were to come back and retire with Toronto. The Raptors don't need him but they could find value in his presence. They could also find value in a partnership with him post-playing career and that would be all the more likely and smooth if he came back... Even for a day. As for a season? Sure, give him a spot on the end of the bench. He left an immature, selfish individual but I believe everyone deserves a shot at redemption.

Comment

• Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

lame
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I read this as they're going to start getting ready for the playoffs and don't want to risk anything messing with the dynamics. The Raptors are rolling.

Comment

In the future?

Comment

Working...
                                X