No announcement yet.

Everything Vince Carter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since Kings are only playing the young players, they may do a buyout with Vince....

...we do have a roster spot available

Comment

• Spark wrote: View Post
      Since Kings are only playing the young players, they may do a buyout with Vince....

...we do have a roster spot available
      Yeah Vince is a very obvious fit if he ends up getting waived. He would just be extra depth at SF. Bringing him back has probably never made as much basketball sense as it would now.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• The way Norm is playing and OG having a rookie slump, VC will fit in perfectly Good vet to teach OG as well

Comment

• gogogogogo

Comment

• 9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I’m starting to think this may be a thing. We keep trying to say who can we get as a shooter. Vince is quietly hitting 39% of his threes this year. In limited minutes, he could keep that shot fresh. That would also be an insane storyline.

Comment

• Vince or not I think we'll end up with an interesting veteran pickup that can hit shots.

Comment

• I am over how he left. I think he could help the raptors if they can afford him. Vince and the bench mob. They all grew up watching him. They would love having two bench mob Dads.

Comment

• Right now I'd be game for offering Miles and a second rounder for Vince (assuming that would be enough to get the deal done), then angling for Ilyasova at the vet minimum if the rumored buyout takes place. Some nice bolstering of a few of our weak spots there without too much of a payroll increase.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      Yeah Vince is a very obvious fit if he ends up getting waived. He would just be extra depth at SF. Bringing him back has probably never made as much basketball sense as it would now.

This is the key that some folks tend to overlook. Adding Vince actually helps our team's playoff chances.

We need to let the past die, and make decisions based on concrete evidence (rather than emotion/pride).

Comment

• Who's Vince taking minutes from if he does get picked up? I could see it being OG, and that would be my only worry. But yeah he or Ilyasova would be my picks if either were waived.

Could use another shooter in certain line ups.. Can take Siakam out and put one in if we need a 3.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Who's Vince taking minutes from if he does get picked up? I could see it being OG, and that would be my only worry. But yeah he or Ilyasova would be my picks if either were waived.

Could use another shooter in certain line ups.. Can take Siakam out and put one in if we need a 3.
                          Vince doesn't have to take minutes from anyone. He would just be extra depth for injuries, foul trouble, or if someone is really struggling...basically situational needs for an extra wing

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            Vince doesn't have to take minutes from anyone. He would just be extra depth for injuries, foul trouble, or if someone is really struggling...basically situational needs for an extra wing

So basically Norm.

Plus, there's always a chance that one (or some) of the kids succumb to the pressure of playing big minutes in the playoffs. Vince helps brave the storm in that regard, too.

Comment

• I love this annual tradition of "bring vince for his shooting and vetty vet vetness"

It's like the annual "cleveland looks vulnerable"..and this year both traditions are at a fever pitch. It means spring is coming...soon
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                I love this annual tradition of "bring vince for his shooting and vetty vet vetness"

It's like the annual "cleveland looks vulnerable"..and this year both traditions are at a fever pitch. It means spring is coming...soon
                                It wasn't that long ago where our annual traditions consisted of:

- Where are we going to find a SF?
                                - Where are we going to find a PF?
                                - Calderon has a great assist/turnover ratio

Which usually signaled the end of the season is a mere 2 months away.

Comment

Working...
                                X