Everything Vince Carter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    Hollywood would create a movie about Raptors and Vince if he hit a game-winner in the NBA Finals... For sure.

Ok, I'm day dreaming.
    This would put us on the right side of the NBA conspiracy, because professional sports is pretty much like soap operas for guys. Lowry won't like giving up some of the spotlight to VC, that's for sure.

Comment

• I live in Calgary and Vince going to Toronto would be very similar to the flames signing jaromir jagr. There would be a ton of hype, new jerseys sold, press conferences and standing ovations. But 2 or 3 weeks in when the dust settles, all that will matter is "can he still play"

For all the fanfare jagr got on arrival, he was released and it barely made a blip in comparison when fans and media realized he was too slow to play antmoee
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I will forever be a Drake fan if he can make this happen.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          I will forever be a Drake fan if he can make this happen.

Lol, Drake about to get fined

Comment

• Drake needs to chill with obvious tampering.

Comment

Drake needs to chill with obvious tampering.
              I don't understand he's not an official employee of Raptors, how can the NBA even fine us. This happened a couple years ago when KD was at his concert.

It's even a random fan yelling out "Hey Vince, come to Torotonto" and NBA fining the Raptors due to a fan tempering
              Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Vince wants more playing time than he can get with the Raptors. Next season he stays with Sacramento. But he joins the Raptors the season after that to collect a ring with his original team. :-)

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                  I don't understand he's not an official employee of Raptors, how can the NBA even fine us. This happened a couple years ago when KD was at his concert.

It's even a random fan yelling out "Hey Vince, come to Torotonto" and NBA fining the Raptors due to a fan tempering
                  Drake is not a random fan though. MLSE publicly recognized Drake as our global ambassador. It would be different if Drake called himself a Raptors global ambassador, but MLSE and Raps stayed quiet.

Comment

• Vets are Vets. Carter has a story and fans here are ridiculous. We can revise history all we want...Carter did nothing more than demand a trade from a top level, bonafide, sad sack franchise at the time. Run by idiots. Immature, sure, but 20 years ago ffucksakes. He's a pleasant guy, great in locker rooms, can deflect spotlight from two guys that, lets be honest, aren't known for handling playoff pressure. I also think its important to remember, fans hated Vince, players didn't, players had his back, players on the Raptors had his back, still do. I look at it like this, he is better than the guy they cut loose, way better. He is a veteran who has been there and done that. He is well liked by the team, and he brings some attention in the US media, attention NOT being dumped on Toronto's two mercurial shooting stars, this is not a bad fit at all.

Cons:

- lost a step.
                    - 5 mins of fans angst
                    - a bit of circus follows him into town.

pros:

- he's a pro, won't be anything but a pro. He's been awesome sitting on a shit team while they try to develop youth, no reason the think he'd piss and moan on a good team. Vine knows his role.
                    - Like it or leave it, the guy is clutch. Period. He can hit a big shot in desperation.
                    - guy has charisma, US Media Charisma, Lebron level charisma....something this team sorely lacks, and his presence takes heat off the two stars who are admittedly introverted.
                    - has the officials respect, worth a few calls down the stretch.
                    - lastly, for us older guys, who any of you kidding, you NEVER let other fans from his other teams claim him. You got his beast years, you saw him halk man/half amazing, you STILL, deep down, claim Vince Carter as a Raptor. You know you do.... so just let your High School fanatical worries fade and let the man come help this team get by Lebron.

Comment

Lol, Drake about to get fined
                      He is worth 100 Million dollars, its pocket change.

Comment

• Shameless plug: I wrote something on Vince. Don't discuss the basketball fit at all in there, will be tackling that later, just a high level look at whether Raps fans should want him back.

https://www.raptorshq.com/2018/2/10/...-buyout-market
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          He is worth 100 Million dollars, its pocket change.
                          NBA can take away our draft picks, too. Haha.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Shameless plug: I wrote something on Vince. Don't discuss the basketball fit at all in there, will be tackling that later, just a high level look at whether Raps fans should want him back.

https://www.raptorshq.com/2018/2/10/...-buyout-market
                            Great piece Dan, and a useful perspective. I'm pretty much over being upset with Carter. Right now I have a few questions. Can he help the team? Would DeMar and Kyle accept or even like to have him on the team? Would he disrupt the bench unit, or would they get a kick out of having him playing with them?

To me the answers to those questions provide an answer to the big question... should the Raptors bring him back.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                              Great piece Dan, and a useful perspective. I'm pretty much over being upset with Carter. Right now I have a few questions. Can he help the team? Would DeMar and Kyle accept or even like to have him on the team? Would he disrupt the bench unit, or would they get a kick out of having him playing with them?

To me the answers to those questions provide an answer to the big question... should the Raptors bring him back.
                              Kyle already answered that second question for you here:
                              http://www.complex.com/sports/2017/1...eer-in-toronto

He’s welcome now, whenever he comes back he’s loved, he’s wanted, if he had an opportunity to retire here I would be the first one to say yes, I’m sure me and DeMar would be the first ones to give up our starting spots to see him play another game with the Raptors and get his jersey put up in the rafters.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Kyle already answered that second question for you here:
                                http://www.complex.com/sports/2017/1...eer-in-toronto
                                I thought so, but I don't think I've seen that quote before.

Comment

Working...
                                X